U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:57 AM

5 posts, read 9,142 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am new to this forum, just signed up today, so hopefully I am doing this right. We just moved up here about a year and a half ago. I am just now getting around to looking for a church, and actually need to find a church very, very soon, as I am dealing with some serious issues wit my 13 yr old son. I am looking for a Christian church where I can talk to the minister/pastor about the problems I am having my teenage son, particularly a minister who is very caring.

I also want to get him involved in a youth group with a church. I live in Fot Mill SC, basically on the border of NC, right off of HWGY 521, near Waxhaw. Is there anyone who can suggest a church meeting the above criteria, with a caring pastor and a good youth group and one that is close by to where I am. The church doesnt necessarily have to be Christian, it oculd be Baptist as well. Thank you so much for any help with this. Jamie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,364,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamielynnal1 View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum, just signed up today, so hopefully I am doing this right. We just moved up here about a year and a half ago. I am just now getting around to looking for a church, and actually need to find a church very, very soon, as I am dealing with some serious issues wit my 13 yr old son. I am looking for a Christian church where I can talk to the minister/pastor about the problems I am having my teenage son, particularly a minister who is very caring.

I also want to get him involved in a youth group with a church. I live in Fot Mill SC, basically on the border of NC, right off of HWGY 521, near Waxhaw. Is there anyone who can suggest a church meeting the above criteria, with a caring pastor and a good youth group and one that is close by to where I am. The church doesnt necessarily have to be Christian, it oculd be Baptist as well. Thank you so much for any help with this. Jamie

Well, this may not be as convenient as you might like, but I am hearing amazing things from parents with teens who attend Elevation Church. They meet at Providence High School on hwy 51. You might want to look into it

Elevation Church

Old 04-30-2009, 10:09 AM

LovesMountains, thank you.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:47 AM

129 posts, read 361,705 times
South Charlotte Baptist Church right by the Carolina Place Mall may be a good one.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:29 AM

797 posts, read 2,980,401 times
Yes, I would suggest Elevation as well. It's very popular among teens and not your "standard" type of church. They have a young pastor and are very involved.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:55 PM

Thank you. I am looking into these. I really appreciate everyones responses.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:12 AM

4,677 posts, read 8,034,160 times
^Elevation would be great. One of my friends goes there and I think it would work. I also recommend my church. I will PM you. It has helped me much and I am a 25 year old black male. I came to the church when I was 21. Nuff said.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:12 AM

34 posts, read 77,946 times
We actually live in Waxhaw and go to Southbrook Church in Weddington. The pastor is very accessible and has a gift for commuincating the word of God in a way that that is relevant for today's society, without minimizing the reverance aspect of the message. Many of our neighbors have raved about the youth programs there and the differences they have made in the lives of their kids, so I definitely recommend you check it out if you get the chance. Their website has tons of info and you can actually listen to some of the recent messages as well. Also, feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:58 AM

37 posts, read 142,512 times
You may also want to consider Eternal:

Eternal Church - Fort Mill, SC

Old 05-01-2009, 08:10 AM

1,087 posts, read 2,395,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamielynnal1 View Post

St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Uptown has a great Youth Group. Check them out. Good luck.

St. Peter's Episcopal Church, Charlotte, NC

Children's Christian Education at St. Peter's Episcopal Church, Charlotte, NC (http://www.st-petersweb.org/youth.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or