Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:40 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,550,351 times

Advertisements

I'm a Cleveland native and don't really know why the OP is so down on CLT?

Cleveland has LOTS of bad neighborhoods too. Like ALL of East Cleveland for instance, the East 55th St. Area, Ohio City and Tremont appear to be yuppie havens, but have really high crime rates too...I could go on....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I'm a Cleveland native and don't really know why the OP is so down on CLT?

Cleveland has LOTS of bad neighborhoods too. Like ALL of East Cleveland for instance, the East 55th St. Area, Ohio City and Tremont appear to be yuppie havens, but have really high crime rates too...I could go on....
Agree, Sophialee. Every city does! I love Kansas City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta . . . heck, I love parts of LA! But that doesn't mean I am gonna spend time in areas w/ high crime or that are bombed out ghettos.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:55 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,580 times
I played football in high-school with a number of kids from HV (Independence)

One of the guy's brothers was on the History Channel show (the Eastland Mall shooting).

Old 05-04-2009, 05:41 PM

21 posts, read 94,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
I am thinking of cutting my expenses and selling my home in Ballantyne CC to move closer to work. I work in the University area. Does anyone know if Hidden Valley is a good place to live? What are some pros and cons?

Are you kidding? Hidden Valley is one of the roughest "hoods" in the city. I would not move anywhere near there. I would try concord, the Northlake area or maybe even Harrisburg.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:02 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,865,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrinch View Post
Are you kidding? Hidden Valley is one of the roughest "hoods" in the city. I would not move anywhere near there. I would try concord, the Northlake area or maybe even Harrisburg.
irony definition | Dictionary.com

see also:

satire definition | Dictionary.com

Old 05-04-2009, 06:21 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
The only Hidden Valley I'd consider is the one in California where the "ranch dressing" came from!

Old 05-05-2009, 11:53 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,973,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Agree, Sophialee. Every city does! I love Kansas City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta . . . heck, I love parts of LA! But that doesn't mean I am gonna spend time in areas w/ high crime or that are bombed out ghettos.
Exactly, they've done series on gangs in Minneapolis, Portland, Oregon, Vegas, Miami, Atlanta and of course Chicago and L.A. When I wathced that piece on the HVK's, they seemed to have operated like the gangs in L.A. operated, how they made drug dealers pay street taxes and how they had their neighborhood on lockdown where no other gang would dare venture into their turf. I was kinda surprised that Charlotte had a gang that powerful. I'm glad that the residents finally reclaimed their neighborhood back with the help of the police and federal officials and they no longer live fear anymore. One of the previous posters said this gave Charlotte negative publicity, but like I said earlier in my post, they've done stories about gang problems in other cities as well, so I doubt this makes Charlotte look bad at all unless law enforcement continued to ignore the problem and never did anything to combat the gang issue.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:10 PM

246 posts, read 583,535 times
From what I can tell, ClevelandMike and Hidden Valley deserve each other.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:37 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,896,480 times
I do not care about gang activity as long as it stays in gang neighborhoods. It is trash taking out the trash. Fine with me.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:09 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,524 times
Why would a gang member stay in their own neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte