Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 08:03 AM

47 posts, read 217,468 times

Advertisements

I will be on Vacation for the first time since I moved here. I need some feed back on kennels in Southern Charlotte or the Union County area.Let me hear your stories good and bad . 1 dog male 35lbs. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 08:24 AM

192 posts, read 685,930 times
The only one I've used is Best Friends in Pineville. I've used Best Friends twice because the small kennel near me (FT Mill) gets booked way in advance of a holiday. BF is a very big operation The employees are very friendly and they usually have openings BUT they'll nickel and dime you to death. If your dog needs meds, that's $5 extra per day. Oh, you want us to pet your dog? That will be $6 extra for 'Cuddle time'. Can't pick him up by noon? That's another $25 or you can pay for a bath and grooming. Is your dog geriatric? You'll need to pay for the health program. Do you want us to give him a treat during the day. Ok, that's $6. Etc, etc, etc. I'm still looking for another alternative.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:33 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,704,511 times
The Vet at the Atrium off of Carmel Road has boarding, but I've never used them. Does anyone have any pos/neg experiences with them?

Old 06-21-2007, 08:58 AM

999 posts, read 4,643,056 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...-boarding.html

this is a thread that was going for a while I copied some names down to try out when we get there.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:06 AM

279 posts, read 1,083,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyflyer View Post
I will be on Vacation for the first time since I moved here. I need some feed back on kennels in Southern Charlotte or the Union County area.Let me hear your stories good and bad . 1 dog male 35lbs. Thanks
Feel free to PM me if you are interested in a great petsitter who serves the south Charlotte/Union Co. region. I'm not sure if I will get smacked if I recommend her outright on the board.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:21 PM

533 posts, read 1,829,238 times
i boarded my pomeranian at the waxhaw animal hospital when we first moved here...it was her first boarding experience and she HATED it. i wasn't crazy about the place either. she was mad at us for a few days after we picked her up.

we used a pet sitting service about a month ago when we went to the beach for the weekend and we were very satisfied with their service. Welcome to Gopher Dogs Online . we will be using their service rather than boarding from now on.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:09 PM

52 posts, read 146,263 times
Try TLC Kennels in Indian Trail - 704-238-0014 or 704-605-9167. Very basic kennel concept, very reasonable prices ($15-$20 per night). Plus they bathe the dogs for $10 and clip their nails for $5! Julie and her family treat my doggie, Coko, especially well. We have used that kennel since 2005.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:36 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,111,794 times
We have used kennels for our dogs twice, and they were great but the dogs were always traumatized when they came home (anxious, extremely tired, hoarse, etc). Now we use a pet sitter, and they are FANTASTIC, and way less expensive than a kennel. Fluffs of Luv Pet Sitting in Charlotte, Matthews, Pineville, Huntersville NC 704.421.3492.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:17 AM

2 posts, read 4,414 times
I worked at a kennel and LOVE ANIMALS. BUT...when you have 40 or 50 animals or more to care for you cannot possibly give them the love and care like you will get if you use a petsitter! There is awebsite and I cannot think of it for the life of me, but people register and have a background check and you post what you need and when then look through profiles and talk to the people before they ever come out. It is a huge site and it is all over the country. just google petsitting and the one i am talking about also does babysitting. By the time you pay for all the shots and exams they require boarding them you have spent at least another hundred bucks and your dog will probably get stress diarrhea and if there is something going around like a couple years ago there was an epidemic of dog flu and it spread like wildfire. It was dangerous for older dogs, sick dogs, and younger dogs, but it was bad, they coughed and hacked and carried on for weeks with it. I honestly think that its best to use a sitter that is bonded if you don't use the one i am talking about, plus they will turn on lights, get your mail, water plants and make it appear someone is home which is very important nowdays. GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-25-2009, 10:58 PM

36 posts, read 74,287 times
I have used Wickersham K-9 Ranch. My dog loved it! It is a great facility. It is in Marshville, but worth the drive. www k-9ranch dot com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte