U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:46 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,016,830 times

Advertisements

Those clips are great! Son came in and we are watching them together. Thanx so much for sharing this. And yes - you will find there is a BIG fan base here in this region. Think about it. A lot of Southern rock is played (or used to be played) on Philly stations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 10:52 AM

21,877 posts, read 27,138,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
If that's the case the only thing left for us to do is head west.

And as for my weekend, here it was in three youtube clips (kudos to Max Weinberg's kid Jay who sat in place of his dad for about half the show...an 18 year old monster on that kit).

YouTube - Radio Nowhere Greensboro 2009 05 02 (with Jay Weinberg on drums)

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen Badlands Greensboro 2009 05 02 (with Jay Weinberg on drums)

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen Outlaw Pete Greensboro 2009 05 02 (with Jay Weinberg on drums)
My ancestors already did that (head west). I'll stay put. The Jersey Devil doesn't scare me.

I'll bet they're phasing in Max's son to do fill-in since Max is going to LA with Conan

Old 05-03-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Those clips are great! Son came in and we are watching them together. Thanx so much for sharing this. And yes - you will find there is a BIG fan base here in this region. Think about it. A lot of Southern rock is played (or used to be played) on Philly stations.
Ani, glad you like the clips. We brought a little bit of Jersey to your thread, but that's sort of in keeping with real life. A little bit of Jersey has come to Charlotte.

Southern rock was really big in Philly, but back then is was just the bands. If they were good, they got play time. Their point of origin was never mentioned except the local bands.

Southern rock is still big, but in the much more segmented existance of radio the country station has now claimed some of the bands, like Alabama & Charlie Daniels.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:34 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,273,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
My ancestors already did that (head west). I'll stay put. The Jersey Devil doesn't scare me.

I'll bet they're phasing in Max's son to do fill-in since Max is going to LA with Conan

They're phasing Jay in for 5 or 6 European dates while Max stays back for the first week of Conan shows. After that I believe Conan's letting Max back out for the rest of the tour full time.

I could've easily watched Jay all evening. He's got a wild streak like Mad Dog Vini Lopez and pounds as hard as John Bonham. It was a treat watching him last night.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
They're phasing Jay in for 5 or 6 European dates while Max stays back for the first week of Conan shows. After that I believe Conan's letting Max back out for the rest of the tour full time.

I could've easily watched Jay all evening. He's got a wild streak like Mad Dog Vini Lopez and pounds as hard as John Bonham. It was a treat watching him last night.
Thanks, Brian. I had a feeling that Conan was involved. The network would want Max there for the 1st week.

Yeah there was a bit of Keith Moon there, too.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:45 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Yeah there was a bit of Keith Moon there, too.

Just a bit.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:11 PM

Found a few more from last night, although of the amateur variety (however you can get a feel for the excitement here).

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen Greensboro 5/2/09 No Surrender

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen Greensboro 5-2-09 Seeds

Played for a young girl because he liked that hat she was wearing...

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen Greensboro 5-2-09 7th Son

And if you guys watch only one, below is the one. Probably the most "fun" song I've ever heard 'em do. I thought I'd be singing this one loud enough to be heard, apparently about 20,000 other people had the same idea.

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen Greensboro 5-2-09 Hang On Sloopy

Old 05-03-2009, 03:28 PM

1,851 posts, read 1,873,484 times

It was an outstanding concert!

We had a great, great......GREAT time!!! Lots of fun!

A HUGE Thanks to Brian for getting the tickets and for everything!

Brother B!!!!!

Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,016,830 times
Brian - your attendance at the concert gave us all a lot of enjoyment this weekend! And SB - thank you again for the great info/videos you added, as well!

All this spurred a lot of discussion in our household about what areas of the country embrace various genres of music (and particular groups, too) . . . enjoyed the walk down memory lane, as well . . .

Gosh, the weekend is over! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, whatever activities were on the list.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Brian - your attendance at the concert gave us all a lot of enjoyment this weekend! And SB - thank you again for the great info/videos you added, as well!

All this spurred a lot of discussion in our household about what areas of the country embrace various genres of music (and particular groups, too) . . . enjoyed the walk down memory lane, as well . . .

Gosh, the weekend is over! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, whatever activities were on the list.
You're welcome, Ani. It was fun finding them. I found some others, but I'll wait a while to post them. (Give you something to talk about on another weekend.)

Here's one more at the end of the weekend.

YouTube - Southside Johnny (with Bruce Springsteen) - The Fever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or