U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-04-2009, 05:04 AM

4,282 posts, read 7,149,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectedX View Post
You must out of your mind if you think I will read these long replies,
Reading gets much easier with practice.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:31 AM

198 posts, read 326,644 times
My advice to the OP is to stay in NYC. After all, if the people there are so great and straightforward, why leave?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:40 AM

35,576 posts, read 43,794,221 times
Quote:
You must out of your mind if you think I will read these long replies, but the fact that you put so much time into them shows that its an insecurity and I got ya where it counts because it is simply true. I did get quite a few PMs from my fellows from the West and the North who have supported my claim 100%. Now when people from up North ask about the south - I'll show them this thread. Be proud, guys.
Well, let me make this short so it complies w/ your inability to focus.

Your attitude sux.

I am sure I would think you are an ass.

I would be polite to you b/c I am a polite person. However, let me make it clear: it is not my duty (or any other Southerner's duty) to march to your drum. If you don't like the way you get treated, then perhaps you should find another style of communication, i.e. less abrasive, rude and in your face. Or how about this: move?

As for the rest of it, you can kiss my pink fluffy arse.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:49 AM

5,447 posts, read 5,190,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

Your attitude sux

NOW you are starting to talk like me AKA NY style. I like it. I see a whole different side of you.

John

Old 05-04-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
NOW you are starting to talk like me AKA NY style. I like it. I see a whole different side of you.

John
EXACTLY. All these idiotic stereotypes about "Southern hospitality" vs. "Fake Hospitality" - dear heavens.

Southerners are polite people. We treasure civil harmony . . . but when we need to cut to the chase, we surely can.

Even Scarlett O'Hara, the embodiment of all Southern stereotypes, knew when the time had come to tell someone to KISS HER GRITS.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:07 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,811,572 times
Quote:

Your attitude sux.

I am sure I would think you are an ass.

I would be polite to you b/c I am a polite person. However, let me make it clear: it is not my duty (or any other Southerner's duty) to march to your drum. If you don't like the way you get treated, then perhaps you should find another style of communication, i.e. less abrasive, rude and in your face. Or how about this: move?

One of the best replies EVER!!! Not allowed to give any rep pts right now (I must fake like you too much).

Old 05-04-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4ThePaws View Post
I guess you misunderstood me! The internet is a hard thing to project tone over! I was simply letting the OP know my observations about living here, which has been a good experience overall. I simply mentioned some of the women can be syrupy sweet and catty which is very unnecessary and not very kind! It doesn't go well with the whole "southern hospitality" theme that the city of Charlotte tries to promote. I have made some lovely friends here, taken some wonderful classes to enrich my life and enjoyed the beauty that the city has to offer. However, when I see a question like this one in a public forum, I try and help possible newcomers by sharing my experiences down here, which has included some negatives. The original post was supposed to be about debunking the myth of true southern hospitality (which cannot happen anywhere- it's a regional issue) and I was simply trying to help, from one transplant to another.
I didn't misunderstand you. You don't get it.

So here it is.

If you have found people who make you feel great about yourself, then those people are your friends, I hope. As for the catty little b$tches you encountered (your description) they are everywhere, and certainly not limited to the South. You just didn't fit in w/ the other group of gals - so what? I have lived in a lot of different places, have traveled a lot, and have friends from many parts of this and other countries. I certainly do not "blame" the region I am living in for producing either warm, genuine people or backstabbing, vicious people. I have clients all over the country - and one of the most difficult is a midwesterner.

Your "message" to other transplants is distorted b/c you got involved w/ some hateful b$tches and were naive enuff to think they only exist in the South. Let me assure you: hateful, gossipy, backstabbing b$tches exist everywhere . . .

Old 05-04-2009, 08:11 AM

4,227 posts, read 4,143,055 times
Quote:
I'm from NYC and I have some experiences in SC that I did not like at all. People were all fake-nice and would back-stab anyone and then pretend to be nice again. Southern hospitality is skin-deep and as I started - fake. Any kind of argument is seen as disrespectful (which is BS...its not disrespectful to argue!) I will be moving to Charlotte, where I heard people are AS fake and are more straight-forward. I understand it won't be as straight-forward as NYC but are people at least somewhat direct in comparison to southerners in SC and rural areas? I don't mind politeness and manners (I like it actually) but I want to be with people who can say "No" when needed, instead of saying "Sure" and not doing it.
As I mentioned before, sometimes people will say anything to get rid of an annoying person. I remember being in Applebys one day in Florida and a middle-aged woman and her husband from NYC were sitting next to me at the bar. We began speaking. She was truly obnoxious and talked about how unfriendly people were in the town from which they previously lived. This woman was truly a person to hate. A true bi.... Anyway, I asked here if she didn't think that maybe her neighbors were unfriendly towards her because she was insulting, had a nasty attitude, and lacked social graces. Does this ring a bell? I have even seen some women hate southerners because their husband was messing around with a "hot" southern woman. I don't know if your user name "infectedX" is an indication of something? My suggestion is to watch the weight, be kind and accepting, and read up on etiquette and social graces and try starting over again. I know that you have possibly embarrased intelligent New Yorkers that subscribe to this thread, bless your heart.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
One of the best replies EVER!!! Not allowed to give any rep pts right now (I must fake like you too much).
Thank you, GK! I love you! xoxoxoxox!!! Can we be best friends?

Disclaimer: this offer of friendship lasts only 30 seconds, and has all sorts of caveats with it, including my ability to cancel said friendship at any time, for any reason. In addition, it gives me unlimited ability to gossip about you and backstab you at will. (While smiling, of course).

Old 05-04-2009, 08:16 AM

4,227 posts, read 4,143,055 times
Quote:
I didn't misunderstand you. You don't get it.

So here it is.

If you have found people who make you feel great about yourself, then those people are your friends, I hope. As for the catty little b$tches you encountered (your description) they are everywhere, and certainly not limited to the South. You just didn't fit in w/ the other group of gals - so what? I have lived in a lot of different places, have traveled a lot, and have friends from many parts of this and other countries. I certainly do not "blame" the region I am living in for producing either warm, genuine people or backstabbing, vicious people. I have clients all over the country - and one of the most difficult is a midwesterner.

Your "message" to other transplants is distorted b/c you got involved w/ some hateful b$tches and were naive enuff to think they only exist in the South. Let me assure you: hateful, gossipy, backstabbing b$tches exist everywhere . . .
My guess is that the hateful ******* that she claims to have encountered are more than likely people acting appropriately to an unrefined, unaccepting, illbread, ignorant stranger. I have never lived any place where I didn't fit in. A positive person will fit in anywhere. I sure wouldn't want to be her husband. I would have sent her back to NYC on the next bus (don't think she would be worth the expense of a plane ticket).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte