U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 4,908 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about Huntersville NC ( area) colleges, work, big retail stores,renting, safe to walk at night to get milk? Live in Southern NJ and had it with the area and people that dont go by the rule in their town. hard working family looking for fresh new start on live. DoNT PARTY!! CAn you please tell me about the job market in retail 25 years, Husband will need to find new manager in retail job when we get to HUNTERSVILLE. he has no problem with traffic and driving we do it now in NJ. I was nursing asst before I went back to college and got my Degree in Psychology.And hoping to find a job in healthcare area, in mooresville or huntersvill NC. Please help and thank you for your time!!!!! Alyssa

Last edited by alyssa smith; 12-26-2009 at 09:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 04:46 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,920,215 times
Hey allysa, this tired old thread is about an upscale neighborhood in Mooresville. If you want info about Huntersville you might want to bring up one of the many old threads about Huntersville, or even start your own new one.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:22 PM

20 posts, read 35,270 times
I live in the Farms, also developed by Crescent. We moved here from S Fla in Feb 2009. We also looked at the Point as well as many other neighborhoods in the Mooresville/Davidson/Huntersville area. We were looking for custom homes in the 500+ range. The homes in the Point and the Farms are beautiful, well made and the people seem to be nice. I've heard good things about the club at the Point -- good way to meet people especially if you like golf. Schools are also excellent.

I haven't personally found Brawley to be quite the nightmare that everyone claims. It's heavy at rush hour and school times but otherwise not bad. And it's being widened now so those issues will be fixed.

The only thing I do not like is that it takes 7 minutes just to get to the closest stores. And that's really because I'm a city girl and my last home was so conveniently located. It's the difference from living in the county versus the city. But we moved here to be close to my husband's work. You know, everythings a tradeoff. His commute is much better but I drive a bit longer to get anywhere. 7 min to grocery, drugstore
15 min to Hwy 150 stores like super target, best buy
25 min to Huntersville shopping
30 min to N Lake Mall

Old 12-28-2009, 08:15 AM

550 posts, read 1,619,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
That's pretty much where I was going with this. Traffic is a bear around that area until the roads are improved drastically.
There is so much traffic because every parent on that road drives their child to school instead of having them get on the bus....

Ever notice that there's no traffic at all when school is out?

Old 11-18-2011, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,251 times
The Point is a great place to live or retire. It is located outside Mooresville NC and is located on Lake Norman, the largest lake in North Carolina. We went swimming Columbus Day. The Point is on the Brawley School Road Peninsula that juts into the the center of the lake. I-77 is nearby and the main artery has been widened to a divided 4 lane parkway. Traffic congestion problems have been eliminated. With the downturn in the economy lakefront homes valued at $1.8 mil can be purchased for a lot less. Homes range from $500K and up. Taxes are very reasonable since the Point is not in Mooresville but is in Iredell county. Iredell County property tax is .485 mills per each $100 assesed value. Mooresville residents pay Mooresville and Iredell County property Taxes. A property in Mooresville would be subject to a county rate of 0.4850 and a town rate of 0.485 for a total rate of 0.97. A property in Charlotte would be subject to a city rate of 0.4586 and a county rate of 0.8387 for a total rate of 1.2973. There is a great club with activities for all ages and a fantastic Greg Norman designed golf course that weaves through the community bordering the lake on both sides of the Peninsula. There are many activities for children, teens, and adults. 25% of the residents are retired and there are many social groups for them. Of all the communities in the Charlotte area, the Point is the best. Coming into the Point at night has been referred to as coming into Oz. Traffic has improved greatly since a 4 lane parkway was completed in 2011. College costs are reasonable even though they have gone up. UNIVERSITY NC CHARLOTTE tuition for residents is $2700 a semester 18 credits. UNC has a brand new engineering campus with a state of the art lab for optical physics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, etc. For liberal arts there is Davidson which is comparable with Drew University. Come on down, you'll love it.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:12 AM

3,774 posts, read 7,007,784 times
What I did on my summer vacation.

On my summer vacation, I moved to MOORESVILLE, NC. I went swimming in a lake. I learned about taxes. And I learned to add and subtract numbers. I got my real estate license. Maybe I'll go to college one day. When I do, it will be UNC or Davidson. I had a lot of fun on my summer vacation.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:37 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,653,155 times
This thread was started on 5-04-2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Z View Post
The Point is a great place to live or retire. It is
located outside Mooresville NC and is located on Lake Norman, the largest lake in North Carolina. We went swimming Columbus Day. The Point is on the Brawley School Road Peninsula that juts into the the center of the lake. I-77 is nearby and the main artery has been widened to a divided 4 lane parkway. Traffic congestion problems have been eliminated. With the downturn in the economy lakefront homes valued at $1.8 mil can be purchased for a lot less. Homes range from $500K and up. Taxes are very reasonable since the Point is not in Mooresville but is in Iredell county. Iredell County property tax is .485 mills per each $100 assesed value. Mooresville residents pay Mooresville and Iredell County property Taxes. A property in Mooresville would be subject to a county rate of 0.4850 and a town rate of 0.485 for a total rate of 0.97. A property in Charlotte would be subject to a city rate of 0.4586 and a county rate of 0.8387 for a total rate of 1.2973. There is a great club with activities for all ages and a fantastic Greg Norman designed golf course that weaves through the community bordering the lake on both sides of the Peninsula. There are many activities for children, teens, and adults. 25% of the residents are retired and there are many social groups for them. Of all the communities in the Charlotte area, the Point is the best. Coming into the Point at night has been referred to as coming into Oz. Traffic has improved greatly since a 4 lane parkway was completed in 2011. College costs are reasonable even though they have gone up. UNIVERSITY NC CHARLOTTE tuition for residents is $2700 a semester 18 credits. UNC has a brand new engineering campus with a state of the art lab for optical physics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, etc. For liberal arts there is Davidson which is comparable with Drew University. Come on down, you'll love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or