U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2007, 05:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,191 times

Advertisements

Its sad that u had such a bad taste of Char. I have to diagree with u about the Beattis Ford road area, I grew up there acrros the stree from West Char. High School my parents still live there. This sidfe of town is where black people lived when they could not live anywhere else,Its bad when we can live anywhere that we don't want to live in the black area of town. There are many older established black neiborhoods of this St. and if you take it all the way up every class of people live off this road from homes in the 75,000.00 to 200,000.00 range. Also u must have never went to Freedom Park it has lake not a pon d and a walking trail.And now we are going to have a green walking trail that goes for miles. Char. has to Jazz clubs many other kind of clubs,concerts all the time. Also u must have never been to Park Rd Park it also has a pond besides the festival I mentioned before there is the Art and Soul Festival and many other. As said in another thread about Char. Crime can happen anywher.Recently someone was shot in an area where the millionares live. The Chick Coop is one of the really famous Chick. restaurants that people come from all over to eat this chick. Also we just hosted the CIAA basketball tournament in up town Char. this is one of the oldest black college tournaments ,ther were over 20,000.00, blacks here for this and parties everynight inUptown Char. You were not here long enough to get the real picture. And also many people come here for employment, Our unemployment rate is much lower than the national average.I live in and area very close to uptown a few years ago upper middle class blacks would have not wanted to live here but now the white people are moving in and the houses are selling for over 100,000.00 not renovated yet and when renovated for over 300,000.00. They want all of us out in the Univ. area and other places so they can have the land close to center city. Also Univ Park is an older nest comm. off Beattis Ford where my parents still live is very safe we never worry about being there only newcomers feel threaten because they don't know the history. This was the first suburban neighborhood for blacks when that was concidered a suburb now this is just concidered on the out skirts of uptown because of the way the city has grown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 06:23 AM

9,564 posts, read 8,847,471 times
Cut it, slice it, or dice it any way you want to, but NOBODY black or white wants to live in a crime infested area and certain areas of this city are more prone to crime than others. Its a fact of life in all big cities and its not a knock on certain areas but an admission that some areas have higher crime rates no matter what the area has to offer.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:51 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,421,650 times
I don't really understand the name of this thread. "Crime is fear?" Um, no crime is crime. It happens everywhere, agreed, but maybe I am missing the point of the thread. Is this supposed to start a racial debate? Because that's not what this forum is about.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:04 AM

9,564 posts, read 8,847,471 times
heh..EXACTLY my point. Crime is crime ... crime isn't fear and people want to avoid crime.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,465,585 times
I really find us very fortunate in comparison to other cities. I try to enjoy the beauty of cities like San Francisco, Cinncinati, Syracuse, Los Angelas and one thing always distracted my vision even in the higher end districs is they have barricades on the windows. I find that so sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte