U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:07 PM

4 posts, read 4,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNYer View Post
I have been there several times, it's close to where I work and I have found it to be a great place for a quick bite. Their food is fresh and cooked to order so when the place is full it takes a little bit longer to get your order but it sure beats eating fast food or some other place that gets their food out of a # 10 can. The owners are friendly and aim to please. I may be a bit biased since I am also from NY but their Italian omelet and waffles are the best ever!
A #10 can (or number ten can) is a restaurant term for those giant cans that require a special can-opener to open. I do not think that someone outside of the foodservice industry would readily know this term. The reason I know it is because in my early 20's I was in the food service industry as a Prep-Cook (I am now almost in my late 30's). Again, this user has only three posts (which I managed to get up to in under a few minutes at the time of this posting).

Of course you are biased TrueNYer... at the very least you are in the food service industry, at the worst you are posting fake reviews.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:18 PM

4 posts, read 4,599 times
Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
I love that the last three posts are made by people who apparently registered here just to comment on this new diner (first post for each, and so far the only post for each). Employees, perhaps?
[/internet detective]
They did the same thing on my board too (urban spoon) that's why I am here sharing evidence (as a new user). It really pisses me off. If they would apply this effort to making a better meal experience they wouldn't have to come pad these boards, eh?

DoH
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte