Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 04:49 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,144,186 times

Advertisements

I love that the last three posts are made by people who apparently registered here just to comment on this new diner (first post for each, and so far the only post for each). Employees, perhaps?
[/internet detective]

Old 06-13-2009, 06:15 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
I love that the last three posts are made by people who apparently registered here just to comment on this new diner (first post for each, and so far the only post for each). Employees, perhaps?
[/internet detective]
I noticed that too. LOL.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 6,750 times
Actually no I do not work there, but it is the only post I responded to. I am new to the area and have not really had a chance to read other boards. I actually found the other post when I googles to find the menu online.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:14 PM

3 posts, read 9,410 times
Timm, Do you really think your opinion is the only one that matters and that if it's a positive one that it's an employee. I have been there numerous times and the food has always been good . Their Waffles are the best I have ever had. Look lets be real its not fine dining its comfort food and a freindly casual atmosphere I swear they make me feel like Ive known them all my life. They are genuine people and take pride inthe what they serve .

Old 06-15-2009, 07:18 PM

3 posts, read 9,410 times
Cheesehead Go and try it for yourself I am intrested to hear your opinion
Rigas is good ffod and good people

Old 06-15-2009, 07:21 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,835 times
My business is not too far from there and I have been thinking of trying it for lunch.
Maybe this week.

I love independent mom & pop eating establishments - true Americana, I wish them the best.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:23 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,144,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNYer View Post
Timm, Do you really think your opinion is the only one that matters and that if it's a positive one that it's an employee.
Uh......what? I'm not exactly sure what this jumbled mess of words mean, but I'll try to decipher some meaning from it and respond anyway.

First, this is what I wrote:
"I love that the last three posts are made by people who apparently registered here just to comment on this new diner (first post for each, and so far the only post for each). Employees, perhaps?
[/internet detective]
"

Regardless of what the real intent was, each of the posts I referred to was indeed the first post by the poster, and at that time, the only post. So yes, the appearance is that they registered just to comment on this diner. I love that, so I stated that I love that. It amuses me. It gets me wondering, why? My best hypothesis is that they (you) are employees of the place -- it happens. And you can tell that it was a hypothesis by the word "perhaps" and the little squiggly thing that immediately follows it. That thing is called a question mark. It represents uncertainty, and indicates that one is not positive that this guess is actually true. The face with the wink may also be taken by some - the ones that are actually paying attention and not butthurt - that the post is meant to be taken lightly, and that the statements are being made tongue-in-cheek, in fun.

As for the first part of your question - do I really think my opinion is the only one that matters -- of course it is.

(See that little face with the tongue sticking out at the end of my "of course it is" ? That is meant to convey that that sentence is jokey, and not to be taken seriously. It's called an "emoticon", or "smiley". They are frequently used on the internet to convery emotion and clarify meaning.)

Old 06-28-2009, 08:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,514 times
Default Riga's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
Has anyone tried Riga's Diner? It's next to Donato's on Monroe Rd, just north of 51. I'm always in the market for a local place for breakfast, and this place is pretty close to my house.

I've eaten there 5 times. I find the food to be excellent and the service above average. You will not leave there hungry.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:23 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,018,059 times
Wow, another rave by a brand new user who has seemingly signed up for the express purpose of giving Riga's a positive mention. First and only post by nc49ers. Really, this sort of post is so suspicious that it is no help at all in deciding if I'd like the place. On the contrary, it actually gives me a negative vibe.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
Wow, another rave by a brand new user who has seemingly signed up for the express purpose of giving Riga's a positive mention. First and only post by nc49ers. Really, this sort of post is so suspicious that it is no help at all in deciding if I'd like the place. On the contrary, it actually gives me a negative vibe.
Okay, now my curiousity is up - I'm going to go there this week just so I can give a review of the place and food myself - and trust me, I have no agenda, don't work there and don't know anyone who does. I'll be back after I've found time to go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte