U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2007, 07:36 AM

148 posts, read 505,788 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know why there seems to be so many homes for sale in Hunter Oaks? I really love that area but I am beginning to wonder why so many homes are for sale there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 10:10 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,869,285 times
Default Hunter Oaks mostly "pros"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad5117 View Post
Does anyone know why there seems to be so many homes for sale in Hunter Oaks? I really love that area but I am beginning to wonder why so many homes are for sale there.
Hunter Oaks is a nice community. Most of the families who helped open the Marvin Elementary school came from that community. They have been very close-knit and community-minded.

Of the ones who I know who are moving, I think they have reached a point in their lives (their kids are now aging into middle/high) that they are looking for/or can afford maybe a bigger lot. I've known families looking at Lawson and Chimneys at Marvin. I didn't hear them say they were unhappy in Hunter Oaks, just ready for a change. It does tend to be a very kid-friendly neighborhood and maybe folks are just looking for "less kids?" (Maybe just my perspective, though).

Also, a lot of those neighbors have battled the proposed Wal-Mart nearby for a long time. Maybe they have just decided to give up the fight and move on?

Or, maybe just natural turnover and it is concentrated during this time of the year because people with children are hoping to move during school break?

All these are just guesses on my part ... I haven't heard anything negative about Hunter Oaks.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:11 AM

91 posts, read 382,624 times
There are 30 on the MLS. 20 are for sale, 10 are sale pending.

That's pretty healthy for a subdivision of that size (at least 350 lots).

Old 04-05-2007, 10:16 AM

192 posts, read 628,027 times
We couldn't seem to find enough for sale in Hunter Oaks when we were looking last year! Ended up in Ft Mill and love it!

Old 04-05-2007, 11:40 AM

4,093 posts, read 10,156,452 times
I would guess the same. My friends in Hunter Oaks love it. (well, one friend isn't that happy with it, but it isn't the actual housing, just usual neighbor issues that can happen anywhere.) We go over there for trick or treating with them because there are SO many kids over there!

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
Hunter Oaks is a nice community. Most of the families who helped open the Marvin Elementary school came from that community. They have been very close-knit and community-minded.

Of the ones who I know who are moving, I think they have reached a point in their lives (their kids are now aging into middle/high) that they are looking for/or can afford maybe a bigger lot. I've known families looking at Lawson and Chimneys at Marvin. I didn't hear them say they were unhappy in Hunter Oaks, just ready for a change. It does tend to be a very kid-friendly neighborhood and maybe folks are just looking for "less kids?" (Maybe just my perspective, though).

Also, a lot of those neighbors have battled the proposed Wal-Mart nearby for a long time. Maybe they have just decided to give up the fight and move on?

Or, maybe just natural turnover and it is concentrated during this time of the year because people with children are hoping to move during school break?

All these are just guesses on my part ... I haven't heard anything negative about Hunter Oaks.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:32 PM

58 posts, read 59,130 times
My wife and I are moving to Charlotte this summer - we're expecting our first child next month and want a community with lots of kids. We also want low taxes, but still close to 485. We were house hunting there last weekend and narrowed down our choice to one community: Hunter Oaks. We LOVED it. Exactly what we're looking for. It just felt right.

I was also surprised that the house we loved has been on the market for 4 months. Maybe it's overpriced? Or maybe buyers are looking for new construction?

I know this doesn't answer the question - but just thought I would throw in my two cents.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:36 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,549,297 times
I live in Hunter Oaks -- Love it Hunter Oaks has more than 1000 homes in the subdivision, so all in all, not a lot for sale if you look at the percentages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or