U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:41 PM

7,103 posts, read 9,678,488 times

Advertisements

Just to put a new spin on this thread . . . duh...does Lorenzo Pizza serve breakfast??

Old 07-17-2009, 08:58 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,036,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Just to put a new spin on this thread . . . duh...does Lorenzo Pizza serve breakfast??
mmmm, breakfast pizza.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:59 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,036,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa_Alexa View Post
IMO, Food is average, service is slow and managers are all over the servers in front of clients.
All right, sounds like my kind of place!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:14 AM

2 posts, read 2,662 times
I took a client to the Big View Diner for lunch last week (their first visit and my 3rd) and was very pleased with the quality, portion and price of the food and the service. Quality of my food was definitely better than average in my opinion. Having seen the dessert case, my client purposefully only ate half their sandwich. The desserts were great and we both took a good bit of them to go as well. I spoke with one of the owners. Sounds like breakfast will be here soon (next couple weeks) and I'm sure they'll do it right.

PS - that menu is huge! So much to choose from.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:58 AM

79 posts, read 256,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte49er View Post
I took a client to the Big View Diner for lunch last week (their first visit and my 3rd) and was very pleased with the quality, portion and price of the food and the service. Quality of my food was definitely better than average in my opinion. Having seen the dessert case, my client purposefully only ate half their sandwich. The desserts were great and we both took a good bit of them to go as well. I spoke with one of the owners. Sounds like breakfast will be here soon (next couple weeks) and I'm sure they'll do it right.

PS - that menu is huge! So much to choose from.

So how long have you worked there? haha

Old 07-25-2009, 01:07 PM

3 posts, read 7,330 times
Default Big View Diner what a dissappointment!!

I did not stay long enough to look at prices but they were not serving breakfast(I was expecting a true "diner" with breakfast at any time of the day) I was told by the manager that they would not start serving breakfast until 3 weeks out---and he said it as if he was doing me a favor...they need to learn a thing or two about SERVICE......I wonder how long they will last?

Old 07-25-2009, 03:02 PM

21 posts, read 51,574 times
It seems the biggest complaint is the word 'diner'. It strikes an image in peoples minds (and everyones is different) of what the place should be. Well, it just is what it is. And 'Diner' is just another word for 'restaurant'. It doesnt mean anything.

I believe going to a place the first day, week ,or month its open will give you a false impression. If it doesnt go under in 6 months, I'll try it. I guess I'm just not as trendy as many here.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:47 AM

79 posts, read 256,537 times
Well I finally ate there Friday night and I have to say it really was not that good. One thing that struck me was that there was a "kids steak" on the kids menu so I ordered it for one of my children. It was like shoe leather. I can not believe they would serve something so tough for a child to eat. I had the chicken pita that was pretty much flavorless. Most of our meals came with thier homemade chips which were all burnt and tatsed horrible. I can honestly say I will not go there again. By the time we were leaving, arounf 7pm the place was pretty quiet. I guess thier reputation is catching up with them.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:25 AM

55 posts, read 172,208 times
We haven't eaten there, but the reviews I read are pretty much what I expected to be honest. I'm surprised no one had abbreviated the name to 'BVD' yet, which of course would be what I wear, not so much where I want to eat.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,662 times
Default Big View Diner now open for breakfast

Just got word through a friend that the Big View Diner is now open for breakfast everyday at 7 am. Suposedly good coffee, good portions and lots to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte