Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:33 PM

138 posts, read 410,973 times

Advertisements

Looked at their menu online. Classic "Diner" style menu. Some items slightly above-average pricing. As for "NY Disco Fries" - I'm from Long Island, and worked at The Dublin Pub in New Hyde Park for 13 yrs. (1989 - 2002) After work, we would all go to Gus' Diner on Jericho Turnpike and order a plate of fries smothered with mozzarella and brown gravy (not sure where bacon fits in though) - they were great!

Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,427,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet* View Post
Really? I just looked up about half a dozen diners I used to go to in central/north Jersey, and they all had meatloaf. (It's usually under "dinner.")

$11-$13 seems about average, but they all seem to come with a lot of other things: soup, salad, vegetable, beverage, dessert... The one at Big View comes with a side and a potato.

I think the prices are about what I would expect for a "diner" in Ballantyne owned by upscale restaurateurs. (Yes, I'm going to try it, but probably not until after they start doing breakfast and/or I get a coupon.)
But I didn't live in Central or North Jersey. I was looking in communities where I used to live, in South Jersey. I only found one other, & it was a MidAtlantic chain & the menu had no prices. A couple of the diners were not online.

The menu that I found & posted was in a small town in the Philly suburbs. I looked under lunch & dinner.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:47 AM

716 posts, read 2,148,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
But I didn't live in Central or North Jersey. I was looking in communities where I used to live, in South Jersey. I only found one other, & it was a MidAtlantic chain & the menu had no prices. A couple of the diners were not online.

The menu that I found & posted was in a small town in the Philly suburbs. I looked under lunch & dinner.
That's really weird! I wonder why meatloaf is "regional." LOL

Old 05-08-2009, 09:02 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,427,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet* View Post
That's really weird! I wonder why meatloaf is "regional." LOL
I don't think it's regional, but in South Jersey & Philly when people eat out, they tend to order items that are difficult to cook or something that they like but they don't want to cook (except burgers). Meatloaf is simple to make, so I have never known it to be on very many menus, in that area.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:57 PM

6 posts, read 14,476 times
Default Customer service was AWFUL!

I had a issue with my food and the conan obrien dude was horrible to try to get things fixed. I didn't care that they messed up the order being new but the way the manager handled it was completely UNACCEPTABLE. They lost my patronage. WHAT A WASTE. Until the management gets replaced, I will go elsewhere.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:50 AM
DV8

30 posts, read 144,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
^
If this place is a "diner", then I guess I don't know what a diner is. It looks to me like just another chain restaurant type place -- change the signs and it could be a Buffalo Wild Wings. Bar? Bakery? Sports Lounge? Whut? And to me, it just doesn't look how a diner should look. Seems to me that calling it a diner is just a marketing move, and surprise surprise, it's working.
Agreed. I must say that my wife and I were very disappointed to find out that it is a "diner" in name only. We were looking forward to someone opening a real diner nearby.

That said we will likely still give it a shot... and if we enjoy the the food and service we will support it. Should we have an experience like concordnative, then we will not support it.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:07 PM

620 posts, read 2,109,660 times
If you want a real diner, you have to drive to Atlanta. They have several locations in the Atlanta area and they are all open 24 hours.

Landmark Diner Where the Stars Meet at Night

Old 05-09-2009, 10:19 PM

7,041 posts, read 14,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
If you want a real diner, you have to drive to Atlanta. They have several locations in the Atlanta area and they are all open 24 hours.

Landmark Diner Where the Stars Meet at Night
UUUUHHHH...Landmark is here in Charlotte, on Central Ave & Kilborne...slightly more upscale than actually a diner, but, still great food at reasonable prices.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:24 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,770,266 times
Is it the same one? Charlotte is not on their website

Old 05-10-2009, 06:53 AM

33 posts, read 77,744 times
We have gone there 5 times already and we LOVED IT!!!! Reading some of the comments here I find that the majority who posted negative reviews are people who have NO CLUE as to what a Diner concept truly is.
Wake up people, your not back north, DITTOS to the owners!! You brought some of old with the new, In a town that has not seen what your vision is about.
I love reading comments as to what a Real Diner is supposed to be. To all of you I say stick to your franchise garbage food, you wouldn't know good food if it hit you in the face!
I am sure this place will be here for many years as the Landmark and will be a Landmark in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte