Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:39 PM

240 posts, read 732,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
What's the Double D dessert?
Triple D . . . . order if you dare!!!!
Chocolate cake with one scoop of each ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate, caramel, nuts, bananas, and cherries.
The Triple D is FREE to anyone who can finish it him/herself.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:43 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk2nc View Post
Triple D . . . . order if you dare!!!!
Chocolate cake with one scoop of each ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate, caramel, nuts, bananas, and cherries.
The Triple D is FREE to anyone who can finish it him/herself.
If it's Chocolate ice-cream and I can substitute something in lieu of cherries, bring it on!

Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,143,524 times
^Well, it says one of EACH ice cream, so I'm guessing chocolate is one of them. Does kinda make me wonder how many ice creams we're talking about here, though.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:28 PM

564 posts, read 1,454,110 times
If you are looking for true diner experience keep driving about another 3 miles on 521. There is Di Dee's diner across from the city of light. I'am not sure of the hours but Breakfast is good and the fish fry they have on Friday night's isn't all that bad either.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 PM

5,453 posts, read 6,044,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday30 View Post
If you are looking for true diner experience keep driving about another 3 miles on 521. There is Di Dee's diner across from the city of light. I'am not sure of the hours but Breakfast is good and the fish fry they have on Friday night's isn't all that bad either.
+1, good lunches!!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyd View Post
Well...we attempted to try it today around 4:00. We show up, there are a number of folks sitting along the seats in the front waiting for a table...looked like a couple larger parties. Anyway, we told them that we had four and they (the 7 girls dressed in black that seemed to have nothing to do) said it would be 45 minutes. Now, mind you we could clearly see at least 10 booths/tables (that is being conservative)empty and clean.

So...either they didn't have enough staff to wait the tables, or they just don't have a clue. in any case, they better get it together or they will be the Bad View Diner. Again...it was 4:00....not 7:00, so to expect me to wait 45 minutes? My first thought was why cant you get a few of these dolled up girls that I assume were "hostesses" and put them to work! Seriously, if one of them had to lift a menu I think they may have passed out from over working themselves!

Bad trip...went to Lorenzos instead. Should have went there to start with! Don't plan to try the Bad View again anytime soon.
If they take reservations the tables were most likely reserved for somebody else. And while it makes ppl mad to see empty booths and not get seated it's better than them sitting there for 20 minutes w/out a server if they were understaffed.

If you are unfamiliar w/ how the restaurant business works, or just an impatient person in general, I would suggest avoiding new restaurants for a few months til they get their creases ironed out so to speak.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:07 AM

256 posts, read 1,145,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
^Well, it says one of EACH ice cream, so I'm guessing chocolate is one of them. Does kinda make me wonder how many ice creams we're talking about here, though.
According to the Pastry Chef, Frank, they make all of their desserts from scratch even the ice cream!

Old 05-19-2009, 11:02 AM

172 posts, read 535,700 times
I have two friends that work there..one bartender, one server. The reason tables stay empty is b/c there is no one to wait on them. They don't take reservations and since they've opened, they've been on a wait from the time the doors open til they close.

We went up and sat at the bar on Sat and had a few drinks. We got there at 4 and it was slammed. If you go prepare to wait no matter what time you go there. Some of the things may seem a little overpriced but the portions are huge. We tried two appetizers. Calamari was good, but if you like the tentacles, you'll be disappointed. The sauce that comes with it was very good..a little light on it but we were able to get a side of it no problem. We also had the jalapeno hushpuppies..they were just ok..i'll never get them again.

While we were there I saw a lot of food come by and all of it looked fantastic. I'll definitely be back and sit at the bar..you don't have to wait and the service is just as good.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,808,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma77 View Post
The reason tables stay empty is b/c there is no one to wait on them. They don't take reservations and since they've opened, they've been on a wait from the time the doors open til they close.
So, management is poor?
A restaurant has seats to fill and customers to fill them.......man, if only there was a way to fix that.....I'm stumped.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:51 AM

98 posts, read 286,411 times
How is the bar area? Are there big tv's? I saw on the menu they have Fat Tire on tap, so I will definately have to swing by and check it out!! Is there an outside area? Any tv's out there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte