U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 06:08 AM

172 posts, read 477,163 times

Advertisements

Outback is the one chain restaurant that I actually like

places like Chili's, Applebee's, Olive Garden, Red Lobster...if they all disappeared today, I'd never miss them...

wait..I take that back...The presidente margarita at Chili's is pretty damn good..lol

Old 05-31-2009, 01:03 PM

494 posts, read 1,180,576 times
We just got back from eating lunch at Big View Diner!! When arriving it was so busy they told us a 45 minute wait but it only ended up being 20. The service was great but the food was FABULOUS!!! We had the Diner fries...YUM. I had a spinach salad and the turkey dinner...so good. We ended sharing the Pecan and Banana Cream Pie. The food was top notch...everything was definitely prepared homemade especially the desserts were incredible. Definitely "high end" dinner fare...so good. The prices are BEYOND reasonable for the caliber of food that you get. Definitely give it a try I cannot imagine being disappointed.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:22 PM

841 posts, read 1,237,575 times
Hi Robin - apparently we were there at the same time because we just got back as well! I liked it and thought the food was fine, but my wife, a Long Islander, was less than impressed. Coming from a background of NY/Long Island-style diners, she said the food was lacking. I guess my point is that for us locals the food is fine but apparently Northern transplants may not like it. Sort of like if some NY place tried selling barbecue. Those of us in the Carolina probably would turn our noises up at it.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:28 PM

539 posts, read 1,311,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
Hi Robin - apparently we were there at the same time because we just got back as well! I liked it and thought the food was fine, but my wife, a Long Islander, was less than impressed. Coming from a background of NY/Long Island-style diners, she said the food was lacking. I guess my point is that for us locals the food is fine but apparently Northern transplants may not like it. Sort of like if some NY place tried selling barbecue. Those of us in the Carolina probably would turn our noises up at it.
Trust me, NY's idea of Barbecue means ribs only and comes from a bottle with KC on the front.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:25 PM

7,104 posts, read 9,698,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car421 View Post
Trust me, NY's idea of Barbecue means ribs only and comes from a bottle with KC on the front.
Not true. Only if you USUALLY eat at KC. Not a meat eater and don't eat at KC but your take on good BBQ is not correct. Sorry.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:02 PM

4 posts, read 10,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtgman View Post
I was so looking forward to the opening of the big view diner on 521 & Ardrey Kell. That was until I saw thier menu prices today. I was hoping for a real diner with real diner prices. Instead looks like we sorta got a diner with uptown prices. Come on guys, $13 for meatloaf or an open face turkey sandwich and $8.00 for a hamburger? Good luck. I won't be there! Is it just me or are these prices WAY out of line with what a real diner would charge? I guess somebody has to pay for that fancy new building. I bet they close down in under a year!

Seriously...I think ur prediction is not really called for in my opinion. I think suggestions would be a little nicer. Very pricy but the quality in food I thought was great just need to do some price cutting

Old 07-10-2009, 04:38 AM

We have been to Big View 4 times now...one of our first choices now w/ the kids. Anyway, the food is great...the desserts...YUMMY!!! Does anyone know when they start serving breakfast?

Old 07-10-2009, 06:08 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,866,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
We have been to Big View 4 times now...one of our first choices now w/ the kids. Anyway, the food is great...the desserts...YUMMY!!! Does anyone know when they start serving breakfast?
I heard it'll be in August, Robin

Old 07-10-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I heard it'll be in August, Robin

Great...thanks!

Old 07-10-2009, 09:05 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,783,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car421 View Post
Not true...in Mahopac, NY there's a restaurant called Holy Smoke. Delicious BBQ!! He's got a huge smoker in the back, makes everything fresh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte