Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 09:24 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,346,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Great photo's Brian. I had such a great time, it was so fun meeting everyone. Thanks again John for setting the get together up.

You might be the only person other than me who saw Robert Plant live back in the early 90's and actually remembered that Alannah Myles opened up for him. I doubt most of the people who went remembered that opening act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 09:40 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,794,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
You might be the only person other than me who saw Robert Plant live back in the early 90's and actually remembered that Alannah Myles opened up for him. I doubt most of the people who went remembered that opening act.
LOL, that was pretty funny and also that you read Hammer of the Gods, ha! Nothing like a good fish story

Dave Navarro played in Jane's Addiction. Don't forget to catch him in the Mariah Carey video, Bringing on the heartbreak.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:41 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
LOL, that was pretty funny and also that you read Hammer of the Gods, ha! Nothing like a good fish story

A red snapper if I remember right.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
A red snapper if I remember right.
It was at the Seatlle Edgewater not Hyatt. The Hyatt was LA, I thought Seattle too, but not.

Ah yes, the famous red snapper incident.

A classic story concerns the Edgewater Inn in Seattle, where the room contents often ended up in the sea below. When Peter Grant was settling the bill for the damage after one such visit, the manager confessed that he had always wanted to throw a TV set out of a hotel window. Peeling more notes from the roll, Grant replied: "Have one on us"!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:46 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,629,542 times
It was great fun meeting you all last nite.Lets do it again real soon and maybe move the location for those that don't want to travel into Uptown. Although the location really was perfect!

Brian, in listing the people that departed before the pix you left out Brian #2.

je

Old 05-27-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
It was great fun meeting you all last nite.Lets do it again real soon and maybe move the location for those that don't want to travel into Uptown. Although the location really was perfect!

Brian, in listing the people that departed before the pix you left out Brian #2.

je

Belran I think, that's right (ooops, sorry 'bout that).

The location was great and the place was fantastic. The one moment most of you guys missed since it was only Chicagocubs, Metallisteve, myself and Belran, was when the bartender offered up an ashtray and said it was an establishment where one could smoke. There were four simultaneous variations of "oh boy" and one bewildered bartender.

I was winding up, ready to go again, only this time mod-free.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:31 AM

852 posts, read 2,456,087 times
I am so sorry I didn't make it and I had really planned to but my miserable excuse was that I did not get online at all yesterday and I totally forgot it was Tuesday - honestly. I was conflustered by Memorial Day. Great photo and I am putting what I think is names to people - but I might be totally wrong.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:38 AM

I just noticed ChicagoCubs wasn't playing fair in those pictures.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
I just noticed ChicagoCubs wasn't playing fair in those pictures.
I noticed that too!

Old 05-27-2009, 06:48 AM

457 posts, read 1,171,677 times
Thanks John for putting this together & thanks to everyone who made it out in the rain. I had a great time meeting everyone. Sorry I left before the photo but the witness protection program doesn't allow for that anyway Next time I'll leave DH at home, stay longer, & bake/bring some chess pies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte