U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:13 PM

92 posts, read 244,112 times

Advertisements

Looks like there are 25 photos on realtor.com now, very nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 04:29 PM

2,193 posts, read 4,534,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
Unless in dire straits, I hope that people don't just DROP the price to sell quick because that doesn't help anyone in the long run.
Actually prices dropping helps all people in the long run. Why? Because home prices will go back to historical norms which was 2-3 times a person's income. This will allow first time homebuyers, repeat buyers, our future, and our children to all be able to afford homes more easily. And all without trying to do crazy speculation or using creative financing.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:55 PM

7,104 posts, read 9,695,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
Actually prices dropping helps all people in the long run. Why? Because home prices will go back to historical norms which was 2-3 times a person's income. This will allow first time homebuyers, repeat buyers, our future, and our children to all be able to afford homes more easily. And all without trying to do crazy speculation or using creative financing.
Guess seller has a way to go:
Med. inc. in zip" $77000.

$77k x 2 = $154K
$77k x 3 = $ 231K

There goes the neighborhood.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:07 PM

494 posts, read 1,180,350 times
Well...if you look at the comp than we are under what other houses in my neighborhood are selling at. In fact...just in the last month we have had 5 houses in our neighborhood sell in the high 600-700K range. Any homes in the area in the 500 range are not in a Custom Home neighborhoods or have the lot sizes that we have here...we have an acre. I cannot imagine that my entire neighborhood is priced wrong?

I am going to talk to my Realtor tomorrow about the pics...I agree...we need much better pics. For now...we will definitely be sticking to this price range...if we don't sell by June we'll take it off until next year. I'm dying to start on our new home...but that is how it goes.

Thanks...I'll keep you posted.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:23 PM

19,813 posts, read 55,745,006 times
There's some kind of blot in the crown molding in the bedroom shot. I'm sorry but it just doesn't "pop" except the front shot.I really think you need a decorator/stager/feng shui person to help add something.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:02 PM

7,104 posts, read 9,695,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
There's some kind of blot in the crown molding in the bedroom shot. I'm sorry but it just doesn't "pop" except the front shot.I really think you need a decorator/stager/feng shui person to help add something.
Now you're getting PICKEY! Scheeeze what do you want for 650??? Earth, moon and fire???

j

Old 05-08-2009, 07:54 PM

19,813 posts, read 55,745,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Now you're getting PICKEY! Scheeeze what do you want for 650??? Earth, moon and fire???

j
Yeah, I would - that is, if I would ever buy that big a house, which I wouldn't. Summers on the Riviera, April in Paris, May in London, all have more interest to me. Anyway, since I live by myself, that size house would be quite a waste. But, and I'm sorry Robin, it just looks bland, not warm and inviting.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:10 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,286,039 times
Quote:
Well...if you look at the comp than we are under what other houses in my neighborhood are selling at. In fact...just in the last month we have had 5 houses in our neighborhood sell in the high 600-700K range. Any homes in the area in the 500 range are not in a Custom Home neighborhoods or have the lot sizes that we have here...we have an acre. I cannot imagine that my entire neighborhood is priced wrong?

I am going to talk to my Realtor tomorrow about the pics...I agree...we need much better pics. For now...we will definitely be sticking to this price range...if we don't sell by June we'll take it off until next year. I'm dying to start on our new home...but that is how it goes.

Robin, please do keep us posted, I would so love to be wrong and really do hope you sell in your price range - I'm just not holding my breath.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 PM

21,850 posts, read 27,118,777 times
Quote:

After 17 months, I would change realtors. Your realtor may be very good, but something is wrong when other houses are selling in your price range. I think you need fresh eyes & the Feng Shui person.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,636,293 times
Quote:

Many realtors don't know how to use comps properly.

The market in general is in the toilet. Just because you had some homes sell in the 600-700 range, does not mean you will get that now. We are in a deep buyers market.

Again, 17 months tells me you are not serious. You are a seller that is "testing" the waters....

Loves is right. Bring it down to the high 5's...IF your house is worth what you think it is, you'll have multiple offers. If you don't get any serious,qualified offers, then you are still overpriced. The market determines what your house is worth. At least then, you'll know where you need to be for next year.

I understand by the tone of your posts that you feel you should get more thatn what people are telling you, but you are not clearly thinking objectively (too emotionally involved), and your realtor is not helping either.

Has anyone discussed in the 1 1/2 years about lowering the price? Or was that shot down?

Also, definitely work on getting better pictures...your house is beutiful but whoever took the pictures did a terrible job...doesn't show the beauty of your home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or