U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:17 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,471,326 times

Advertisements

Funniest thread since the hilarious Lorenzo's Pizza thread....

Old 05-10-2009, 10:30 AM

5,406 posts, read 5,099,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You can't make this stuff up
Similar to the notion that people ONLY laugh at things that are true.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:37 PM

713 posts, read 1,340,315 times
Wow, thanks OP. Finally: a post about how the NC cops are doing their job, and doing it quickly!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:50 AM

5,406 posts, read 5,099,401 times
One of the craziest things is her take on cops/law in NYC. In NYC they have THE toughest laws on driving. ie: Stopped for drunk driving=get out and walk home and you lost your car. Not getting it back. Driving with a cell phone in your hand= you'll get caught, No doubt about it b/c Mayor Mike wants the $$$. Fine $120. Speeding= points on your license. You'll get caught.

Really don't know what she's talking about but it sure ain't the NY I know.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:31 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,770,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11706 View Post
  1. I'm not blaming the state!
  2. Hubby's is at fault!
  3. Yes, this is a funny story. I wouldn't have shared it if it wasn't.
Sorry if I offended the ones that abide by the law.
  1. Hubby no longer writes check. He never does so I was surprised that he did especially for gas. That was new to me.
  2. Hubby will go to all court dates!
  3. Lesson learned
PLEASE DON"T TELL ME USES A DEBIT CARD NOW! The situation is worst. Tell him to stick with cash... but oh, he will probably send that in no time flat... oh well, at least he's not my husband

Old 05-11-2009, 08:39 AM

60 posts, read 96,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Sometimes I wonder if City-Data doesn't have a staff that actually writes this stuff, posts it and keeps these forums active, funny, amazed, and entertaining.

I mean that. How else can one believe that some of these threads are not written by talented script writers and not the Long Island transplant she says she is. It's just not possible! Even Hitchcock when he had to write the weekly "Twilight Zone" was not this entertaning.

Happy Mom's Day,
John
Lol...I didn't realize how many people would respond to this thread. I won't and refuse to comment to all the negativity. It was meant to be entertaining and yes it is true. My hubby does real dumb stuff one of many stupid things that he does. I have stories to tell but now I'm afraid to share them and be criticized here. Unfortunately many people thought that I was complaining but these are life learned lessons that hubby is learning the hard way. Gosh if I could tell you all the stupid things he has done in your life you would wonder!!!

PS-I thought everybody has gone over the speed limit once in their life? (But that's for another thread folks!!!)

Thanks for calling it entertaining!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:48 AM

60 posts, read 96,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Nope she left and doesn't have an invite back! She's yours' buddy.
Besides you don't "get away with that in NY" or any other state that I know of.
Nope, I haven't left. Not moving! And inviting more Long Islanders and City New Yorkers coming your way to NC.

BUT I promise...they will come with a job!!! And they plan on moving business here or expanding. That's for another thread and get more complaints!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:13 AM

1,574 posts, read 3,234,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11706 View Post
Oh by the way I've also learned that if you file a charge on someone for hitting you and decide not to press charges. The county has the right to charge you for falseiphying (spelling) charges and will arrest you! If you fail to appear in court they don't drop the charges they will arrest you!
Am I the only one who caught this disturbing part of the post?

Old 05-11-2009, 09:24 AM

4,508 posts, read 5,419,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
Yeah, I missed that at the end of the OP. It is sounding more like an episode of COPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11706
Gosh if I could tell you all the stupid things he has done in your life you would wonder!!!
I don't think I need to hear any more stories...I'm already wondering.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:27 AM

35,467 posts, read 43,249,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
No. My eyeballs nearly popped out when I read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte