Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:29 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,037,594 times

Advertisements

I'll have to try their entrees one day rather than the buffet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 05:55 AM

852 posts, read 2,457,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
First of all vindaloo, your name is not lost on me.

I too, lived in London for years and I would equate the Indian Restaurants there to BBQ ones here. Lots of them, mostly dives, and the best looked the worst.

While the restaurant in Cornelius is good, most Indian Restaurants in the US are WAY TOO FANCY. The one in the UC area comes to mind.

As soon as I heard, about "don't let looks bother you," I had a pang, I am sure that is where I would want to eat. Most of the GREAT (both quality and price considered) Indian restaurants in London were holes in the wall. We both worked late and literally ate Indian 5 plus nights a week, back in the day.

Used to eat at one in south London, that had a big picture from The Times blown up of Lady Di, prior to marriage, running past it to escape press, on the way to work. Cool

No longer live in Charlotte but miss eating out, but we have gotten pretty good at cooking our own. Even brought a small, but effective tandoor back from the UK, but alas, it has not survived all the moves.

By the way, I would NEVER eat a buffet there, or anywhere. Just not happening at a buffet.

lln
Those of you who ate Indian food in London will more than likely remember Brick Lane. That's were I met my husband. We both worked for the brewery at the end of the road and the smell in the mornings was incredible (not always good). The mix of smells between the Indian food and the finings of the beer was disgusting. But at night after the finings were done and all you could smell was the spices from the food it was gorgeous. Nothing like Brick Lane for a memory of smells LOL

Old 05-13-2009, 02:19 PM

68 posts, read 236,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpreets View Post
Try Cafe Nirvana. They have the most authentic taste of Indian food as far as I have had, unlike Maharani which is way too bland (I am Indian). Their weekend buffet is also good and is crowded most of the time.
Agreed. Cafe Nirvana does not dull down the flavors at all. I highly recommend this place for anyone living in South Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte