Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:44 AM

7,041 posts, read 14,979,180 times

Advertisements

Seems like a lot of posts are from Chicagoans moving to Charlotte. Personally, that thrills me because for many years, I was pretty much the only one here and my Chicago ways (particularly my devotion to the Cubs) seemed to confuse folks. So, I am curious...how many Chicagoans are out there?

I'll start: Born & raised in Logan Square, moved at 13 to Jefferson Park so I would not have to attend Schurz (really rough school, even back then), graduated from Taft (when Taft was a premier school). And, of course, being a northsider, I am a life-long and devout Cubs Fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 11:30 AM

656 posts, read 2,310,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Seems like a lot of posts are from Chicagoans moving to Charlotte. Personally, that thrills me because for many years, I was pretty much the only one here and my Chicago ways (particularly my devotion to the Cubs) seemed to confuse folks. So, I am curious...how many Chicagoans are out there?

I'll start: Born & raised in Logan Square, moved at 13 to Jefferson Park so I would not have to attend Schurz (really rough school, even back then), graduated from Taft (when Taft was a premier school). And, of course, being a northsider, I am a life-long and devout Cubs Fan.
Logan Square? I have a friend that lives there now. There's a pretty cool bar we patron called the Whirlaway on W. Fullerton, when I'm there. Good people and gets packed often. Others say it's a rough neighborhood, which I imagine if you start sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong, yeah. However, it seems to be a "Don't want none? Don't start none." area.

I had Chicago on my relo list a couple of years ago, as it is closer to family and reminded me of New York City, but greener (lots of shrubbery, trees, etc.) and smaller. The big problem I ran in to was the cost of living there. But I visit, and it's all good.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:42 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,203,658 times
From Downers Grove/Naperville here (though many stops in between)

Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,167 times
From Naperville....ahhh Gosh i miss chicago and the awesome crowd....

Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1979 View Post
Logan Square? I have a friend that lives there now. There's a pretty cool bar we patron called the Whirlaway on W. Fullerton, when I'm there. Good people and gets packed often. Others say it's a rough neighborhood, which I imagine if you start sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong, yeah. However, it seems to be a "Don't want none? Don't start none." area.

I had Chicago on my relo list a couple of years ago, as it is closer to family and reminded me of New York City, but greener (lots of shrubbery, trees, etc.) and smaller. The big problem I ran in to was the cost of living there. But I visit, and it's all good.
It was rough when I lived there...but, like you said, as long as you keep your eyes open and didn't start any stuff, you were good....

Old 04-01-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik0521 View Post
From Naperville....ahhh Gosh i miss chicago and the awesome crowd....
me, too at times...

Old 04-01-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
From Downers Grove/Naperville here (though many stops in between)
yeah, me, too....

Old 04-01-2009, 12:43 PM

115 posts, read 561,690 times
Lincoln Park to Naperville, then back to Wicker Park. Originally from Milwaukee. Hate the Cubs, Bears and Bulls (ha)...love the Packers, Brewers and Bucks. Went to Wisconsin.

Like Charlotte, but LOVE Chicago and miss it. Hope to get back soon!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepballer View Post
Lincoln Park to Naperville, then back to Wicker Park. Originally from Milwaukee. Hate the Cubs, Bears and Bulls (ha)...love the Packers, Brewers and Bucks. Went to Wisconsin.

Like Charlotte, but LOVE Chicago and miss it. Hope to get back soon!
Well, if you are originally from Milwaukee, then you WOULD love those teams! That what real fans are all about!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:45 PM

67 posts, read 191,976 times
From Chicago, moving to Charlotte on Friday! Have lived in Lakeview for 9 yrs (Belmont, Roscoe Village, Wrigleyville). Had Portillo's (x2), Mr. Beef, Lou Mal's, Lawry's, & Giordano's all in the last week. Jealous?

Here i come chain restaurants . Actually, i should probably have a salad after the last few weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte