Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:17 PM

105 posts, read 406,259 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone. We have been here a year but I can't seem to find places other than Group USA at Concord Mills Mall that carry Prom gowns. It is not actually for a Prom that my daughter needs it, it is her Quinceanera and I can't seem to be able to shop around. If anyone knows of places that actually carry cinderella style prom dresses or Quinceanera dresses, please let me know. I am going to be checking out Davids Bridal next weekend but if they carry what they have online then it's not at all what I am looking for but I am hoping they carry different things in their stores. Thanks so much for any information that anyone has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 06:12 AM

518 posts, read 2,060,419 times
Try the higher end department stores at Northlake Mall, Carolina Place Mall or Southpark.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:08 AM

Thanks. I will check them out this weekend.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:03 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,396,801 times
You will have a hard time at all malls here--I went through this experience three weeks ago. I visited plenty of wedding stores before purchasing a gown from David's Bridal. David Bridal's carries just what you see on their website.

Good luck!

Old 05-11-2009, 02:11 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,722,628 times
What in the world is a Quinceanera Dress???

lln

Old 05-11-2009, 02:14 PM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,007 times
From WikiPedia: Quinceañera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Quinceañera, or Quince años ("fifteen years" in English), in Latin American culture, is a coming of age ceremony held on a girl's fifteenth birthday. The term Quinceaños refers to the birthday of the celebrant, and the term Quinceañera refers to the celebrant herself. Like many other coming-of-age ceremonies, the Quinceaños is associated with the Quinceañera "becoming a lady".

Old 06-25-2009, 10:48 AM

Wow...I checked all the malls and nothing even close. I can't believe that it is so hard to find ballgowns. I am checking davids' bridal too. I might just try to find one in RI while we are there visiting for the 4th.
The problem that I am having is that if I seach for prom dresses, I get a whole lot of beautiful dresses but they are modern and form fitting. The dress needs to be a princess like ballgown and I never imagined it would be this hard to find one.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
Thanks for explaining. It is a beautiful and religious occasion celebrating your little girl becoming a young lady. There are many traditions associated with it that just make it memorable.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:52 AM

201 posts, read 670,016 times
I think Concord Mills has a huge prom style dress shop, and I think it's called Something USA.

Also, my friend had success with Reign Fine Apparel.

Good luck!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:57 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,546,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinax01 View Post
Wow...I checked all the malls and nothing even close. I can't believe that it is so hard to find ballgowns. I am checking davids' bridal too. I might just try to find one in RI while we are there visiting for the 4th.
The problem that I am having is that if I seach for prom dresses, I get a whole lot of beautiful dresses but they are modern and form fitting. The dress needs to be a princess like ballgown and I never imagined it would be this hard to find one.
Have you tried Ebay? I sell vintage clothing on Ebay, mostly dresses, mostly 1950s and I know Quinceanera used to be something some sellers focused on at this time of year. I sold a really pretty, demure white eyelet dress with a full skirt last month to a Mom who was going to use it for her daughters Quinceanera dress. I have a pic...hold on.

It sounds like you want something fancier tho? A good search word to look for what I think you want on Ebay is Southern Belle Dress. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte