U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:35 AM

34,519 posts, read 40,026,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Wow. Just wow. How Freudian of you.

If Sigmund Freud were here, he'd have a field day with this stuff.
Ya think? I thought it was more Jungian - archetypes and all.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:41 AM

12,272 posts, read 11,522,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
That's the thing. Not everybody appears capable of controlling his (or maybe even her) hormones. Bringing that kind of attention to yourself when you have no idea who's around might be asking for a problem. Nobody's screaming "rape me" but when you tempt and tease people with something flimsy, even unintentionally, you run the risk of somebody taking the bait.

If I walk into a gay bar with...yes...the green Borat junk holder and get rustled into a back room by half of the Village People, not that I was asking for it but I think I should've known better than to attract that kind of attention to myself.

Which...thankfully...will never happen.
Yeah, common sense can go a long way to keep us safe. Or to quote Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing.".

Old 05-11-2009, 09:42 AM

197 posts, read 307,489 times
I could have gone my entire life without seeing that, sophialee.

As far as everyone who is saying that she should be able to wear whatever she wants and that we should loosen up...let me pose a question...

Why is she wearing that thong? Because it takes 2.4 seconds off of her best lap? Because the doctor says she is lacking in Vitamin D and she needs as much sun exposure as possible? Because thongs are SOOOOO comfy...much more so than any regular bikini? Because they were sold out of the one piece swimsuits with the little skirts? Because sunlight is the only thing that will clear up the rash? No...none of the above (we hope). She is wearing a thong to get attention. Period. End of discussion. So, the whole "women are jealous of me..." issue is null and void. She is getting exactly what she is wanting...attention. She should be prepared to take the good with the bad.

Now, personally, I don't care if she strips down naked, paints herself in limericks, pierces every part of her anatomy, gives away free rides and calls herself the Pony Express. What I do care about is that I am trying to raise my son to have respect for women (ladies) and to be modest and have some class. Kids learn what they live. If I act like there's nothing wrong with a woman who dresses indecently, yes, I said it...in front of children then what is he supposed to take away from that?

And one more thing...

The REASON she turns it into a sexual situation, as Ani said, is because she is dressing in juxtaposition to the other females at the pool. Obviously, the other women have chosen to dress in more modest swim attire. She shows up in her thong and it changes the whole dynamic. Is that societal prejudice or simple arithmetic? In Europe she may be over dressed, but in a upper middle class neighborhood in southern USA, she is in a completely different culture.

Last edited by ChelleC; 05-11-2009 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: Added content

Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 AM

6,766 posts, read 7,211,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
Sowwy .

Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post

As far as everyone who is saying that she should be able to wear whatever she wants and that we should loosen up...let me pose a question...

Why is she wearing that thong? Because it takes 2.4 seconds off of her best lap? Because the doctor says she is lacking in Vitamin D and she needs as much sun exposure as possible? Because thongs are SOOOOO comfy...much more so than any regular bikini? Because they were sold out of the one piece swimsuits with the little skirts? Because sunlight is the only thing that will clear up the rash? No...none of the above (we hope). She is wearing a thong to get attention. Period. End of discussion. So, the whole "women are jealous of me..." issue is null and void. She is getting exactly what she is wanting...attention. She should be prepared to take the good with the bad.

Now, personally, I don't care if she strips down naked, paints herself in limericks, pierces every part of her anatomy, gives away free rides and calls herself the Pony Express. What I do care about is that I am trying to raise my son to have respect for women (ladies) and to be modest and have some class. Kids learn what they live. If I act like there's nothing wrong with a woman who dresses indecently, yes, I said it...in front of children then what is he supposed to take away from that?
Pony Express. Now I like that.

Yep. In our society, that is not an easy message to convey, as there are so many images of overly sexualized females all around us.

Having proper decorum in public is not being up-tight. It is being respectful.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:51 AM

1,851 posts, read 1,091,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Ya think? I thought it was more Jungian - archetypes and all.
Jungian, eh?

So in this thong scenario, who is the suffering soul? You or swimmingmom?

Last edited by NMyTree; 05-11-2009 at 10:23 AM..

Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 AM

2,560 posts, read 4,066,070 times
Quote:
The fat Long Island crew objects? Excuse me? Like the Southerners wouldn't? That LI crowd may just be more vocal about expressing Group Think.

I, however, think you should strut your stuff! You're young, you're gorgeous - why not objectify yourself totally and become the club joke?

I also believe in letting people hang themselves. Give them enuff rope . . . woops . . . not applicable. Take away enuff string and that thong of yours will get you permanently banned f/ the premises.

Do it like a rock star, Girl! Flash all the moms and dads and hormonal adolescent boys . . . add a few tats, a nice sparkly naval jewel, a cute flashy ankle bracelet . . . and SHINE!!!!

If that is what you aspire to in life - the Pool Ho - I say - GO FOR IT. I love watching social standards in action. Nothing quite as fun as observing a whole group of people becoming unraveled on the spot cause some Young Thang thinks showing her pattycakes makes her special.
You forgot to add in the Pam Anderson flotation devices. Wouldn't want her to drown.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:57 AM

Being inappropriate in public really has nothing to do with age, either.

The OP thinks she looks hot and so wants to spread the . . . joy.

But donning a thong can be in bad taste at any age, as this thread last year reminded me:

this is how silicone implants look when you get old

Old 05-11-2009, 10:00 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,372,615 times
Quote:
Being inappropriate in public really has nothing to do with age, either.

The OP thinks she looks hot and so wants to spread the . . . joy.

But donning a thong can be in bad taste at any age, as this thread last year reminded me:

this is how silicone implants look when you get old

Is that woman in the middle wearing a slingshot??????

Old 05-11-2009, 10:02 AM

2,560 posts, read 4,066,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
The "Pool Ho"...?

Between your first instinct being reaching for the Mossberg against the possum and the "Pool Ho" line...I can't top that. You're firing on all cylinders lately.

And nascarnancy, what would be even more wrong would be me actually wearing that green Borat junk holder.
LOL, John Mayer tried the Borat junk holder, even if it was a joke, ewww. I can't believe Aniston even dated him after that photo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte