U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 01:15 PM

19 posts, read 38,741 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I wanted to see how home sellers were faring in the Charlotte area. We recently listed our 3 BR/2.5 BTH house in Huntersville. We are priced in the under $200k market. We have been told by other agents in different firms that this is the pricepoint that has been having the most movement. My husband and I have also added a warranty and a job protection program for the buyer.

We are having an Open House on Sunday. Not sure what kind of traffic we should expect. We have had lots of hits to our MLS and several people have taken flyers. Our house had one showing about a week ago, but he didn't want an open floor plan. We had an agent tour last week, and the 14 agents loved our house. They were thrilled with the condition of our house. We just put new carpet throughout upstairs and repainted all of the exterior. Our agent is working on marketing our house. We are quite happy with her performance. Anything else that we can try? I am not one to sit on my hands. I know that market is not stellar, I am just trying to gauge what is normal these days. My husband works for one of the banks in town and has posted our house on the classified section of their intranet.

We'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 01:26 PM

172 posts, read 407,083 times
It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I'm an agent but I don't practice much with the current market. We're not currently building. We found that we never got much response from open houses though. Usually it will only be nosy neighbors or people looking for decorating ideas that come through. You may could try Craig's List to market your house too. You are at a good price point so hopefully that will help move it quickly!

Old 05-11-2009, 01:32 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,605,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnenicol View Post
Hello,

I wanted to see how home sellers were faring in the Charlotte area. We recently listed our 3 BR/2.5 BTH house in Huntersville. We are priced in the under $200k market. We have been told by other agents in different firms that this is the pricepoint that has been having the most movement. My husband and I have also added a warranty and a job protection program for the buyer.

We are having an Open House on Sunday. Not sure what kind of traffic we should expect. We have had lots of hits to our MLS and several people have taken flyers. Our house had one showing about a week ago, but he didn't want an open floor plan. We had an agent tour last week, and the 14 agents loved our house. They were thrilled with the condition of our house. We just put new carpet throughout upstairs and repainted all of the exterior. Our agent is working on marketing our house. We are quite happy with her performance. Anything else that we can try? I am not one to sit on my hands. I know that market is not stellar, I am just trying to gauge what is normal these days. My husband works for one of the banks in town and has posted our house on the classified section of their intranet.

We'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Just my 2 cents...don't expect much from the open house, it's kind of an antiquated way to sell homes. Most people do their shopping online these days, so be sure to have great pics in the MLS.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:34 PM

1,808 posts, read 5,872,043 times
Or maybe even have a Web site designed for your listing. When DH and I were searching, it was always helpful to go to Welcome to 123 Main Street (example) to remember the houses we'd visited instead of sifting through the MLS stuff.

ETA - I was making a URL up! Lo and behold, it's a site you can go to to set up a unique site for your home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just my 2 cents...don't expect much from the open house, it's kind of an antiquated way to sell homes. Most people do their shopping online these days, so be sure to have great pics in the MLS.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:18 PM

19 posts, read 38,741 times
Default House for sale traffic?

I did post to CraigsList. Allen Tate has already done postings for us in several other websites. Our pictures that are on their site and MLS are fabulous. Our realtor actually came back to re-take one room's shots b/c of the sun coming in. She did a great job!

We will see about the open house. We have had some folks p/u the MLS flyer from the box today. Hopefully, they will come in this week. The realtors feel that once someone comes in they will love the house. Our neighborhood is a small community in the woods in the western part of Huntersville. We don't have the big name draw that some other neighborhoods have, however, it has been great for the past 9 years. It seems to draw lots of young families or newly married folks just starting out.

Thanks for everyone's opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte