Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2007, 07:40 AM

227 posts, read 293,096 times

Advertisements

If we all admit that Charlotte is a hell hole and we all want to move, will you leave?
Seriously. I really dont mind the trolling if thats what you are doing. But, if its really not, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are pissed that the Dookies sucked this year??

Look, my livelyhood is in this city right now. YOu could tell me there are banditos stalking Independence and i wouldnt leave. I have to live here and am making the best of it. We like it. Is it the best place in the world? No. Does it have faults? yes. Back in Mississippi, i could get a MUCH nicer house for FAR less money than i pay here. But i dont have that option any longer..

Personally, i cant figure out the people just up and move here (usually from NY/NJ) for no reason and usually no job, other than they heard its nice, i dont get it either.
But seriously, what is your motive? WHere do you live? Where do you want to live? Do you work for the Triangle Dept of Tourism?

Old 04-06-2007, 09:35 AM

478 posts, read 2,045,857 times
Many of the news articles DUKE has posted I would not have found on my own. He has posted photos in the past, iirc, that I would not have found any other way.

For a free forum, I've benefited from DUKE's presence here very much.

If you do not find any benefit in DUKE's posts, you could ignore them.

But when you shout out to DUKE, you are courting the same annoyance you whinge about. Can't pick up one end of the stick without picking up the other.

Step out of the dance and you're free.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:07 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sippi View Post
If we all admit that Charlotte is a hell hole and we all want to move, will you leave?
Seriously. I really dont mind the trolling if thats what you are doing. But, if its really not, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are pissed that the Dookies sucked this year??

Look, my livelyhood is in this city right now. YOu could tell me there are banditos stalking Independence and i wouldnt leave. I have to live here and am making the best of it. We like it. Is it the best place in the world? No. Does it have faults? yes. Back in Mississippi, i could get a MUCH nicer house for FAR less money than i pay here. But i dont have that option any longer..

Personally, i cant figure out the people just up and move here (usually from NY/NJ) for no reason and usually no job, other than they heard its nice, i dont get it either.
But seriously, what is your motive? WHere do you live? Where do you want to live? Do you work for the Triangle Dept of Tourism?

Good thoughts Mr. Sippi - you probably speak for 99% of us here.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:28 AM

478 posts, read 2,045,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Good thoughts Mr. Sippi - you probably speak for 99% of us here.
How is condescension ('Are you pissed the Dookies sucked this year??') 'Good thoughts'?

Or does 'Good' mean you agree, not reflective of the quality of the communication?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte