U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2007, 09:49 AM

54 posts, read 158,264 times

Advertisements

Hello there. Just wondering if any of you have information on Pet Boarding companies in South Charlotte or Fort Mill. We need someone to watch our dog for a couple of days while we are moving and need the referral of a reputable company to take care of our pooch! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 09:51 AM

2,536 posts, read 8,333,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiev View Post
Hello there. Just wondering if any of you have information on Pet Boarding companies in South Charlotte or Fort Mill. We need someone to watch our dog for a couple of days while we are moving and need the referral of a reputable company to take care of our pooch! Thanks!
How Big does poochie happen to be?

Old 04-06-2007, 11:19 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,418,765 times
Here's a link to my answer to the boarding dilemma. I know it's a drive, but my friend in Matthews brings her dog to Huntersville for these places.
Huntersville Vet?

No drive is too far for my baby! :-)

Old 04-06-2007, 11:28 AM

54 posts, read 158,264 times
He is a 90lb. Golden Retriever.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:21 PM

4,084 posts, read 10,135,297 times
We take our dog to Palmetto Kennel in Lancaster, SC. It is 20 miles away from us, but they take great care of her and love dogs. The cost is VERY reasonable. We pay $10 a day for our 55 pound lab.

We tried another kennel in Waxhaw, NC called BlueLine. They charge a LOT more and we were very displeased with their service and won't recommend them to anyone.

Dawn

Old 04-06-2007, 01:04 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,333,321 times
Quote:
He is a 90lb. Golden Retriever.
From the time we moved here until recently we have always used Tega Cay Animal Hospital for boarding (and have been pleased). The last time though...I'd heard about a place that sounded pretty good...so I decided to give it a try (Bowzee Wowzee Pet Boarding - Fort Mill, SC). Turns out we were very happy with the care they provided and will use them again in the future.

The reason I asked the size of your dog was...I thought they had a size limit..but I don't see any mention of it on their website? (www.bowzeewowzee.com)

Old 04-06-2007, 02:20 PM

362 posts, read 1,242,543 times
Default PetsHotel

We usually bring our guy to PetSmart PetsHotel (petsmart.com or petshotel.com) and he seems to really enjoy himself. He gets his own 6' x 4' window-enclosed room, and they let all the similar-sized dogs into a play room (one for small dogs, one for large) for 8 hours of "community" play time every day. He gets an ice cream sundae every afternoon, a peanut-butter filled Kong toy every evening, and a bath before he comes home, too. It's like puppy camp!

The funniest part is, when we pick him up, they give us a "report card" that shows how he adjusted to different things each day during his stay, such as eating, sleeping, getting along with other "campers," and...uh..."going." He he.

Only problem is, I just realized that they don't have a PetsHotel in Charlotte...they have two in Raleigh. Bummer...now, when we move there, we'll have to find a new place to take him.

Sorry, I know this won't help you much, since you live in Charlotte, but I thought I'd share our experience with PetsHotel, in case they build one there in the future.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:11 PM

84 posts, read 92,726 times
Wickershams K-9 Ranch. They pick up and deliver in a school bus converted for pets. They have a great facility and a lake for the dogs to swim.
www.k-9ranch.com

Old 04-06-2007, 03:28 PM

362 posts, read 1,242,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recruiter View Post
Wickershams K-9 Ranch. They pick up and deliver in a school bus converted for pets. They have a great facility and a lake for the dogs to swim.
www.k-9ranch.com
Ohmigod, that is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I'm totally taking my Corgi there when we move to Charlotte and have to go out of town!

Old 04-10-2007, 06:59 PM

17 posts, read 94,462 times
Quote:
Best Friends pet resorts in Pineville is very nice and they offer room service, petting time, hugging time and all sorts of grooming options and play options. They are a highly rated national chain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte