Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:36 PM

98 posts, read 165,054 times

Advertisements

I'm glad that you are all happy about this but from my stand point i'm not because i live here and did not buy a home to have commercial properties in my back yard. I'm trying to raise a family not having to worry about living next to a commercial park!!!! Power plants etc. This community was for residential only or i would not of bought here knowing that. Seems that people with money try to push people without around just like when they wanted to build a walmart on rea road and all the residents with money did not want that because they said it would bring the wrong element there?? What was that suppose to mean ?? But it's ok to build a energy plant in my back yard huh??? Thanks for letting me know this so we can fight this too!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 08:51 PM

206 posts, read 514,330 times
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONYMETS View Post
I'm glad that you are all happy about this but from my stand point i'm not because i live here and did not buy a home to have commercial properties in my back yard. I'm trying to raise a family not having to worry about living next to a commercial park!!!! Power plants etc. This community was for residential only or i would not of bought here knowing that. Seems that people with money try to push people without around just like when they wanted to build a walmart on rea road and all the residents with money did not want that because they said it would bring the wrong element there?? What was that suppose to mean ?? But it's ok to build a energy plant in my back yard huh??? Thanks for letting me know this so we can fight this too!!!!!
Research park.... big difference.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:15 PM

92 posts, read 274,152 times
There was a research park built a couple of miles from ourneighborhood in Virginia, it was very tastefully done and brought professionals to our area and resulted in increased businesses and jobs and house buyers, so it was a great thing for us. Hope this is the same thing

Old 05-15-2009, 09:21 PM

98 posts, read 165,054 times
But you said a couple of miles from you??? We are talking they want to build this right in my community around my children!! I will fight it

Old 05-16-2009, 05:45 AM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,904,789 times
Quote:
But you said a couple of miles from you??? We are talking they want to build this right in my community around my children!! I will fight it
I understand your fear because this is not what you expected when you bought in there. However, in reality, there is so much property in Millbridge and Edenmoor, they could probably build it on the back side (with access to 75 & 521 - not Jim Wilson Rd.) and you really wouldn't realize it's there. For instance, have you ever gone in the Edenmoor entrance from 521? It's not developed yet but there are roads and you can't even tell there are houses over the knoll on the other side (near Jim Wilson Rd.) Also, I can't imagine who would want to build a house on the back side of Edenmoor (and maybe Millbridge too?? -- not sure of the layout there) so close to the railroad tracks that run along 75. I live off of Jim Wilson Road and surprisingly to me, I hear the train whistle very clearly here. It must be extremely loud in the back of Edenmoor! A corporate park might be a better fit there. Also, look at the nice corporate buildings in Ballantyne. Some back up to neighborhoods and it was all tastefully done. A research/corporate park would bring in people and help sales in your neighborhood. They could finally finish it out...which I'm sure you want...but it would just be on a smaller scale. (Maybe hundreds of homes instead of thousands?!?!)

Old 05-16-2009, 06:17 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
OK, here's an excerpt from the proposal. Pretty exciting ideas here:
I thought I read about this project being located in Monroe. There was news article about developing a 'Research Triangle' type area that would almost be the same size (acres) as in Raleigh.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:18 AM

223 posts, read 531,596 times
GONYMETS, where are you from? The citizens that have lived here an extended period of time are very excited about this project. If you have seen what has happend to downtown Waxhaw over the past couple of years you would understand the revitilization this could bring to the area. They are not going to bring power plants to the area, and it will be tastefully done. We need this project to help keep Waxhaw merchants in business.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:38 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
Quote:
No offense, METS, but it seems to me you are jumping the gun. This is a good thing for the whole area. I don't think you understand what this project is about and what type of district it would create.

Further, anytime you buy in an area that is not fully developed, you are taking a chance on what will be built on that land. So really - methinks you need to take a chill pill. Again, not intending to sound disrespectful, but you really are getting upset over something that is a very sound project and should have little negative effect on you, personally.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:26 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,919 times
I feel for people who bought in Millbridge. Looked there too but decided it was too big, too underdeveloped and went with Cureton instead. From my point of view, this proposal is fabulous.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:27 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,167 times
NYMETS, have you forgotten how high the Charlotte region unemployment is? With this development many jobs will be created and it will provide jobs that will help your area. A research park is office development which is not as degrading to a neighborhood as a power plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte