U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 01:00 PM

48 posts, read 429,631 times

Advertisements

Hello, fellow RNs of the Charlotte area. I was wondering if anyone would please, please be willing to help me out. I currently work for Carolinas Healthcare System, at one of their hospitals, CMC Main. I have been browsing job postings (because I'd really like to be in a different area of nursing) and stumbled upon a position with Novant, at Presby, that sounds like something I'd love to do.

My husband and I are in the process of buying a home, so there's no way we could afford for me to take a pay cut. As a CHS insider, I have access to the payscale information for Carolinas Healthcare System positions, but I have no idea if the salary here is comparable to the salary Novant would offer. I have submitted a couple of applications with Novant (just today), but I would really rather have some idea of pay range before deciding where to put most of my effort in this job hunt.

I know that people sometimes get upset when others ask for specific numbers / salary info, but I was wondering if any fellow RNs would be kind enough to pm me what they know about outpatient or inpatient nursing salaries with Novant. I'm a registered nurse with a BSN and eight years of acute care/inpatient experience; if anyone knows what a ballpark salary at Novant would be for someone with my qualifications, I would be so thankful if you'd share. It would be a huge help, and I would share with you any info you would like to know about CMC. Thank you so much, nurses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 03:33 AM

286 posts, read 863,961 times
You can also call the HR dept at novant and ask the salary range for nurses, Novant is excellent to work for, good luck

Old 05-17-2009, 10:53 AM

48 posts, read 429,631 times
Thanks-I didn't even think to do that! I'll give it a try on Monday (well, if I have a chance to get 5 mins of privacy near a phone from 7a-7p while I'm working--doesn't always happen in the hospital!).

It's nice to hear Novant's a good place to work for, too. The only other person I've talked to worked on a med-surg floor w/Novant, and she didn't like the RN-pt ratio (too many patients, she said), but the thing is that she'd never worked med-surg before--or since--so I'm thinking it's med-surg she doesn't like, not nec Novant. Thanks again for the advice/info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte