U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:43 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,934,910 times

Advertisements

The Camden company has a great website. They'll do pricing online. You can even pick among available apartments. We picked the 2nd floor because we like to sleep with the windows open. Its a little more secure. The longer you rent the cheaper the cost. I pay $831 a month for a 2 bedroom. That includes the TV charge and trash pickup charge. It would have been cheaper if we had signed a 12 month lease instead of a 9 month. There are better area's then where I live. Like everyone else said, where is hubby working? Apartments.com is also a useful tool though their prices aren't always up-to-date.

I forgot say this before but Congrats to Hubby on the new job and welcome to Charlotte. I hope you'll love it. My wife and I so far do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 10:01 AM

5,975 posts, read 17,556,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Do you know about rent at Cheswyck? I have no idea about their range. OP needs something no higher than $700 month. Does Cheswyck have studios? That could be a good solution - finding a studio.
This link says Studio about $730, but there are always move in specials which should bring this down below $700. They have a nice gym there. I know when we were looking at a 3-BR, they started off at around $1300 but with a 1-yr lease was down to $1,100 or so. We decided on Providence Court (although I wouldn't recommend that now) to have our kids go to Elizabeth Lane and South Charlotte MS (Community House being on its first year), but since OP is not considering kids in the equation, choices are abundant.

Cheswyck at Ballantyne pricing report with rents reported by actual tenants. Other Charlotte apartments also reviewed at ApartmentRatings.com

Old 05-15-2009, 03:32 PM

210 posts, read 445,100 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Congrats, Zoe! I just had a feeling this was gonna happen! I would highly suggest just bringing a UHaul (well, I prefer Penske) w/ the basics and then moving everything later so you dont have to put things in storage. That is what we did - just brought stuff for the townhouse while hubby was here and I was back in Kansas. Then we had professionals move all the rest of the stuff when we sold the house.

I sure hope things work out so it all goes smoothly for you with finding a job! Let us know how we can help along the way.
This is what we did too. And looks like this is what I'll do again. Only this time the house is for sale in Winston Salem, and we'll just bring the clothes, books, and sewing equipment I'll need. I get to go back to Winston on weekends until we sell!

Zoe, are they offering him any help at all? HR isn't helping him find an apt?

Old 05-16-2009, 02:59 PM

3 posts, read 5,128 times
Our house is located just up the street from the new Mt. Holly-Huntersville Elem. School that will be finished by the 2009-2010 School year beginning in the fall. Perhaps you could see if they are hiring?

Last edited by mm34b; 05-16-2009 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: Edited to comply with Terms of Service.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:35 PM

109 posts, read 205,585 times
Thank you all for your suggestions! It's been pretty crazy around here lately, so I haven't been able to check back here. I really appreciate your help and suggestions!

My husband accepted his new job the other day, and we've just been packing ever since. We ended up renting an apt. at a Camden property for less than $700, which was our goal. My husband will be working in South Park, and the commute is apprently pretty short. The recruiter that my husband worked with to land him this job checked out the complex and gave it a thumbs up.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:44 PM

109 posts, read 205,585 times
We thought about having my husband only taking the bare minimum with him, but then we decided to bring most things (except my clothes and a few things) down to NC since it will need to get down there eventually anyway. I'll be staying at our place until we can rent it out, and then I'll be moving in with relatives until I move down to Charlotte.

Ragdoll Kitty Lover -- No, unfortunately, my husband's new company isn't helping to pay relocation costs, and they didn't offer to help us find an apt. They have given him 4 days of paid time off to help me move down there (since it will be at a different time) but that's about it. It was kind of a let down but we got over it. We're thankful that he has a job now, and we were prepared to do this on our own if needed.

Arianem -- Thanks so much for the suggestion! I'll look into the school you mentioned. I appreciate your help! It's too late to check into your house, but I'll keep it in mind for the future. The apt. we just rented is for, hopefully, just a very temporary situation. Once I move down there, we'll be looking for something different.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:07 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,066,620 times
When we movede from CA we used PODS. They were great, packed them up, had them stored until we bought our house, had them delivered and unpacked them. It was great, instead of loading and unloading trucks and storage units. Just a thought to consider. Good luck with the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or