U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:39 AM

12,646 posts, read 13,901,549 times

Advertisements

Very fast growing area from the 200's for single family or 175's for patiohomes. I believe Sun City sits on 1300AC +/-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 10:03 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,961,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
I do not see how a development can plan for so many homes, and have them be "Christian", sounds like a major lawsuit waiting to happen. Can you say "Fair housing"
I am just guessing here, but I'd bet they are "guiding behavior" with covenants and restrictions that are tied to the property. Obviously they can't make you "believe" but they might be able to make you "behave."

In our system of law, you can waive just about any right via a contract! The only rights you have are the ones you don't waive!

If that is how they are managing the situation, the Feds need to step in and investigate HOA's and covenants and restrictions. While this may be an extreme example, there are many insane HOA's out there that are abusing people's rights with very vague powers derived from land use agreements and the like.

The whole thing sounds very messed-up. It almost sounds like a large scale Waco waiting to happen!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:55 AM
BNY

49 posts, read 177,888 times
Default City of Light

My understanding is that City of Light is a corporate complex for Insipiration Networks, not a residential compound. Google "City of Light Indian Land, SC" for more information.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:10 PM

245 posts, read 918,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNY View Post
My understanding is that City of Light is a corporate complex for Insipiration Networks, not a residential compound. Google "City of Light Indian Land, SC" for more information.
You are correct. It is the corporate offices for the INSP Network. No homes.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:45 PM

251 posts, read 1,034,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamrasc View Post
You are correct. It is the corporate offices for the INSP Network. No homes.
A good example of how misinformation gains a life of its own on the internet---I'm glad this one was cleared up. Inspiration Networks is currently located in Charlotte and "City of Light" is simply a campus which will consolidate all of its operations at one site. They operate several national/international fundamentalist religious cable networks including INSP which is on Time Warner/Charlotte channel 78. BTW, Sun City-Carolina Lakes now has almost 1000 homes completed. The retail center which is planned immediately across 521 from SC will have over 500,000 sq ft., including big box stores and probably a cinema. Meanwhile, a smaller shopping center, including a Harris Teeter and CVS will be opened in 2009 immediately adjacent to SC. The new Indian Land library, also next to SC, has started construction---the ground breaking ceremony will be next week-end.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:16 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,764,832 times
does Carolina lakes have a heated outdoor pool?? does anyone know?

Old 11-25-2007, 08:39 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,548,579 times
I don't think the outdoor pool is heated. But they have an indoor pool also...

Old 11-26-2007, 07:07 AM

19 posts, read 12,214 times
Yea, it is really a nice community. Me and the misses went there for the annual Del Webb library Festival a few months ago. Nice to have a golf course 5 mins from the house. Now I just need a new set of clubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte