U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,023,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Two questions:

Are you for real????

Have you read any of this thread beyond the first few posts?????
I don't think so . . . but love the idea of barter/trade - if you can get someone to agree to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 11:28 PM

129 posts, read 299,420 times
Sorry for your loss Loves, 20 years sounds like a great long time for a kitty. Glad she got to spend it with such a caring owner.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:18 AM

1,851 posts, read 1,874,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I LOVE this pic! PJ was adorable Thank you so much for posting!!
You're quite welcome.

And for the record, I wept like a baby when PJ died. Tears, snot .......all of it.

It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:51 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,784,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
You're quite welcome.

And for the record, I wept like a baby when PJ died. Tears, snot .......all of it.

It's nothing to be ashamed of.
No, it's not. After seeing Scarlet & PJ's photo (too funny) & reading that beautiful poem from Ani....well...I'm pretty much teared up & snotty here myself right now, with my crazy Westie sleeping on my feet.

My condolences to you & your family Loves.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:05 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,823,929 times
Loves-I am sooo sorry to hear about your kitty. 20 years is a long time and I know they were loved every minute of it. Everyone on here knows how obsessed I am with Frankie, my spoiled brat cat. He is my furson and I love him with everything I am. My condolences to you and the family. Just remember, the rainbow bridge is real and you will be reunited one day. (going to squeeze and beat on SBC right now)

As for your old vet, I would send them a "lovely FO" letter..

Old 05-19-2009, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,188 times
So sorry to hear about your kitty - I just moved to Charlotte about 2 months ago, and my kitty died in the car on the way...it was awful - but I brought her to Cedar Park animal hospital to have her cremated. Good Shepard pet services did the cremation, and didn't ask for the payment when I picked her up, they just gave me a bill...I don't know if this will help, maybe they can do the same for you. It's shocking that your vet is not willing to work with you. I'm sorry...

Old 05-19-2009, 02:50 PM

47 posts, read 105,196 times
Default So Sorry

Sorry to hear about your cat. I hope you are feeling better, its always hard to lose a family member. Take care.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:58 PM

1,808 posts, read 5,859,278 times
Loves, like the others, I am very sorry for the loss of your kitty. I can only imagine how you must be feeling after 20 years of companionship. I hope you take some small comfort in knowing what a good life Scarlett had with you and your family. Take good care of yourself.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:11 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,868,776 times
Loves, how terrible for you.

If you could DM me the name of the vet I would appreciate it so I can stay away from them in the future.

So sorry about the loss of your cat, she is adorable!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 03:17 PM

2,829 posts, read 4,136,445 times
Loves - I am so glad you found someone to help. I know how hard it is to loose a pet. I had to put my first 'baby' to sleep 11 years ago and my eyes are tearing up just thinking about her. My vet came out to my car and gave her the shot - she hated going to the vet and I thought it was so sweet they would do that. I held her in my arms and brought her home and buried her in my yard. Thank you for taking care of your baby all these years and for knowing when it was time to help end her suffering! My thoughts are with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte