Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:23 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
Loves, like the others, I am very sorry for the loss of your kitty. I can only imagine how you must be feeling after 20 years of companionship. I hope you take some small comfort in knowing what a good life Scarlett had with you and your family. Take good care of yourself.
Thank you my friend I am remembering when we adopted her how happy she was to just have a home after living in the shelter about a year with all these other cats. I KNOW we gave her a good life and do take comfort in knowing I will see her again one day.

Thanks again to everyone who posted - I really can't even express how much what you have written meant to me and helped me. Today my eyes hurt from all the crying, and I can't quite shake this headache, but I do know this is just all part of what you go thru when you lose someone you love.

The response to this thread was just awesome, proving once again, all the best people post on the Charlotte forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 07:42 PM

210 posts, read 507,539 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Thank you all so very much for your notes here and on dm - I can't tell you how much the support means to me.

I was able to get a very compassionate response from the Miller Animal Hospital on Monroe Rd in Matthews. They only charged me for the shot itself and Dr. Miller could not have been more kind and sweet. I am moving my other two cats to his office immediately. I will not name the clinic that we've been going to for years that let me down this morning, but will strongly recommend anyone in the Matthews area looking for a vet to consider going to the Miller Animal Hospital.

Thank you again for all the virtual hugs and love - I am so sad and it helps so much to read what you have all written.
Loves, so sorry to hear about your poor cat. I will remember Dr. Miller and his Hospital, because one of the towns we are checking out is Matthews. This one good deed may win this doctor some new patients!

Have you read the "Rainbow Bridge" yet? Although you are sad, be satisfied that you were able to help your beloved animal in the end. My prayers are with you.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 PM

210 posts, read 507,539 times
Loves, here I am again. I saw Scarlett's picture, and of course, I had to get teary. How beautiful she was, and she reminds me of my Persian Mugsy, who is just so special to me.

I am now missing my 3 back in Winston-Salem as I spend my third night here in Charlotte. I'll give them extra petting and hugs this weekend in honor of Scarlett.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:04 PM

332 posts, read 1,430,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Thank you my friend I am remembering when we adopted her how happy she was to just have a home after living in the shelter about a year with all these other cats. I KNOW we gave her a good life and do take comfort in knowing I will see her again one day.

Thanks again to everyone who posted - I really can't even express how much what you have written meant to me and helped me. Today my eyes hurt from all the crying, and I can't quite shake this headache, but I do know this is just all part of what you go thru when you lose someone you love.

The response to this thread was just awesome, proving once again, all the best people post on the Charlotte forum
Sending best wishes and good energy your way. I can't really think about it much more or I'll totally lose it. I don't deal well with animal loss.

Hugs and prayers and peace your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte