Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:11 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,462,346 times

Advertisements

Here's my formal request for the forum to install an IGNORE feature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 07:13 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
Click My settings, then on the left part way down hit edit ignore list and add the name

Old 05-25-2009, 07:32 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
But, who could there possibly be, on this forum, that you'd want to ignore??

Old 05-25-2009, 07:39 AM

841 posts, read 1,431,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Click My settings, then on the left part way down hit edit ignore list and add the name
Hey, that's one way to keep my frustration level down!

Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 AM

841 posts, read 1,431,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
What answer are you looking for? The landlord has terminated the lease for the owner of the plate office. They have to vacate in August - period. Does this mean they want them there for the "greedy" $50....NO! It's private property and if a preacher was standing there like the person you are referring, telling people stuff, the owner has a right by law, to tell them to leave. Do you know anything about our laws and owning private property? What this noble person did, was again, breaking the rules of society and normal people just don't get why we have problems in society today. It's crap like not obeying signs and trying to take matters into their own hands....etc. The only way for this situation to reverse itself going forward, is by changing the laws.

I'm over it. At some point I realized that I couldn't get you to explain how running off people who were trying to help the landlord achieve what you claim is his objective PROVES that there is an ulterior motive, at least for the towing company, i.e. bilking those people. No amount of mental - and semantic - gymnastics can show otherwise.

Over. Done. Out. Gone from this thread.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:30 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
A towing company just planting itself on the premises . . . and booting car after car, knowing full well that people are standing in line and cannot possibly conduct their business quickly . . . is just the modern equivalent of slashing someone's tires.

The bully of a landlord is too much of a wimp to walk out and take the flack for slashing the tires himself . . . so he has given space and permission for a towing company to hang around on his property all day - and do the modern equivalent of tire slashing.

I don't care how many "no parking" signs are there - and if they are legit or not! It is up to the landlord to provide parking and he has known all along there was not enuff parking to comfortably accommodate the people going in and out to get tags. So instead of solving the problem with HIS property lacking enuff parking, he has decided to make life miserable for those who are required by law to take care of their tags.

I see the failing on the part of the landlord - to provide adequate parking. He is just blame shifting - and being spiteful about it, at that.

It would serve him right if someone made it his/her mission in life to follow that sonuvagun around and call a towing company every time he violated a parking rule . . . or turned right on red when he wasn't supposed to . . . or made an illegal u-turn . . . I will bet you a dime to a dollar that this guy thinks rules only apply when they are in his favor.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:16 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times
Its easier to Just ignor the rules.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:24 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,206,729 times
I agree hat property manager is within his rights to enforce it the way he did, but good god, what he did to that elderly woman with the handicapped sticker is simply inhuman. It's obvious she didn't understand what was going on, didn't have the $50 to pay the fine and he was going to take her car and put her on the street. If it wasn't for that good smaritian who paid that elderly lady's fine with $50, after paying her own $50 fine, who knows what might have happened to her. It would have been easy enough to tell that old lady about the signs instead of forcing her to walk home.

I would call the guy a snake, but that wouldn't be fair to the snakes.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:33 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Its easier to Just ignor the rules.
Mike: One of my favorite questions on the Myers Briggs is paraphrased something like this: Which appeals to you most? Justice or mercy?

There are no "wrong" answers, of course. But in this situation, I prefer mercy.

It is obvious you prefer justice.

Sometimes, the letter of the law is used as a bludgeon by bullies just to make a big point.

I don't like bullies and I really can't believe you do, either.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:52 PM

104 posts, read 177,355 times
Right or wrong, I'm surprised someone hasn't decked one (or more) of the towing company employees yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte