Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 03:48 PM

169 posts, read 475,802 times

Advertisements

Anyone have info on the proposed road connecting Beulah Church Road in Wesley Chapel to Faith Church Road on the east side of Highway 74? It passes behind the Sheridan community in Indian Trail running parallel to Wesley Stouts Road to the north bisecting the Brandon Oaks community. Found the Wesley Chapel part of it on the 2009 Western Union County Local Area Regional Transportation Plan map at http://www.waxhaw.com/vertical/Sites...C03F939%7D.PDF and then the entire connection on the 2004 Mecklenburg-Union Metropolitan Planning Organization Transportation Plan map at http://www.mumpo.org/PDFs/ThoroughfarePlan.pdf. We are interested in a house in Sheridan and want to know how it might impact us. Thanks for any and all info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 05:29 PM

277 posts, read 661,296 times
We had similar concerns last year when we bought in Brandon Oaks.

The road is still mapped out, but I was only able to find 2 or 3 references to it on local gov't sites. Given the current state of the economy, and other more pressing road construction needs, I doubt it will happen any time soon.

BTW - not trying to be negative, but is anything being built in Sheridan? I know Westwood moved in last year, but it doesn't appear than anything other than the 2 models have been built. The property just looks so barren. Good luck in your search!

Old 05-24-2009, 06:12 PM

Thanks for the info. It's suppose to be a minor road so shouldn't be a problem. We're just so new to the area I didn't know if there was an update on this I couldn't find. And no, Sheridan looks about the same as it did when we were in the area last year helping our son find a house. The attached with detached garages appealed to us though. There were several communities we considered that were in the same state of underdevelopment. We decided the deal we would be getting is worth the risk. The land is zoned for medium density residential and would have to be developed that way. The remaining empty lots could be filled with smaller, less expensive homes but we're paying so little for so much more house, it's okay with us. Our current community in Maryland has bigger and smaller and more expensive and less expensive homes developed by various builders. It's worked for us for twenty years.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:21 PM

5,456 posts, read 6,047,094 times
Do you know about this meeting:

Local Area Regional Transportation Public Meeting - 5/27 6:30-8:30 Rea View ES

Old 05-24-2009, 07:43 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesmom View Post
We are interested in a house in Sheridan and want to know how it might impact us. Thanks for any and all info.
The proposed road has been talked about since right before the Titanic sunk.....I don't think its going to be built.

Also, I would stay far away from Sheridan...I remember 2 years ago they were advertising 4 sided brick for the mid 300's...now their at the 220's....still no one lives in that complex.....

Old 05-24-2009, 08:07 PM

Thanks, getatag. We're still in Maryland, settling on our home mid June, and can't attend the meeting. But I did see a contact email on the meeting notice. I'll drop them a line and see if I can get an update. Have a good rest of the holiday weekend.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:16 AM

310 posts, read 672,747 times
My buddy lives in Clover Bend, which is a bit past Brandon Oaks if you take Old Monroe off 485, so it's on my way. When they first started building the area up, a lot of people would use Brandon Oaks as a shortcut back to Rogers Rd (not sure don't quote me on that) but from what I understand, speed humps and strict enforcement have managed to put a damper on that.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:10 PM

539 posts, read 1,498,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
My buddy lives in Clover Bend, which is a bit past Brandon Oaks if you take Old Monroe off 485, so it's on my way. When they first started building the area up, a lot of people would use Brandon Oaks as a shortcut back to Rogers Rd (not sure don't quote me on that) but from what I understand, speed humps and strict enforcement have managed to put a damper on that.
No speed humps there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte