U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 21,040 times

Advertisements

I'm going to the Coldplay concert at VWA in August and the show starts at 7:30. Does anyone know how long before the show do the doors usually open (I have general admission), and what time should I get there to find parking and what not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 09:54 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,742,669 times
Last time I went they opened the lots at four.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 21,040 times
BrianH1970: thanks for the quick reply, when they open the lots, can you go right to the seats or do you have to tailgate for a bit?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,742,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisonfromjersey View Post
BrianH1970: thanks for the quick reply, when they open the lots, can you go right to the seats or do you have to tailgate for a bit?

I guess it depends on the showtime but it seemed to be around six when they started letting you to your seats.

Besides, tailgating isn't a "have to", it's a "you should".

Old 05-27-2009, 12:40 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,809,200 times
So we tend to do tailgating for DMB & we show up around 5PM/6PM, drink, dance, listen to music until 7 then make our way inside. By the time we buy our beers and find our seats it is around 8PM and the openning band is finished. The headliner take take the stage around 830... HTH

Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 PM

5,954 posts, read 6,883,885 times
What's the protocol for lawn seats? Do you sit before the show and stand throughout? Can you see anything? Do you need to get there early if you stand any chance of a good "seat"? Do people invade your "area"?

We bought some lawn seats this year and don't know how excited I am about going.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:20 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,809,200 times
Yes usually sit before followed by standing throughout. You cannot see the stage but they do have monitors up where you can see what is being done on stage. It has been a while since I did Lawn seats and now they have some bleacher like things at the front of the Lawn so i do not think there are "good" lawn seats. It can get very crowded on the Lawn with people standing very close. Also be on the lookout for men and some women not bothering to walk to the bathrm to pee. If something wet is on the ground it may or may not be a spilled beer... yuck.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:29 PM

101 posts, read 193,402 times
I, too, am going to the Coldplay show, and was wondering about the Lawn seats. Are they really that bad??

Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 AM

4,621 posts, read 5,175,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanryboy View Post
I, too, am going to the Coldplay show, and was wondering about the Lawn seats. Are they really that bad??
They are no super close, but are not that bad either. We went the other month to see No Doubt and, for the fist time, in the hundreds of shows I have seen over the years, I had lawn tix as opposed to seats right down in the pavilion at an outdoor show. This was also my first time at VZW since moving here. You can see the stage, but, yeah, you do have some distance. They have a couple of large screens as well, but for both No Doubt and for NIN (where we were right down front) these are generally only on for the headliner.

They designed the place right, the lawn slopes up and the roof of the pavilion is up fairly high so your view of the stage is not obstructed. I prefer to be as close as possible myself, and the stage does look a bit far away, but its not like you will be unable to see the band from the lawn.

The one downside is that, if it rains, the stage itself (and part of the pavilion seating) is covered, so the band may play but you will need to brave the elements to see them.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:16 AM

364 posts, read 750,716 times
I was just at the Rascal Flatts concert last weekend with lawn seats. I was surprised how "close" the lawn seats are! We could see the stage and the singers and they also have large screens on the sides of the stage to help you see the action in detail.

Our concert was at 8:00 and doors opened at 6:00. We arrived at 6:00. No problem with parking (there are TONS of people tailgating- I'm guessing the people who have reserved seats). You can call VWA and ask about time of gates opening. We one of the first few people in line to get in, so we just walked up the stairs and down to almost the very front of the lawn seats- center stage. Concert was over close to 11, and we were out of the parking lot about 10 mins. later. Traffic was very organized in my opinion.

Try to get your parking spot as close to the end as possible- then you are one of the first cars out (but there are guys directing you where to park, so you may not have much choice). Some tips: You are allowed one factory sealed waterbottle per person. Water is $4 at VWA. You are also allowed one gallon size ziploc filled with snacks (but there is food for $$$ at VWA). We went early with subs, chips, cookies, etc in our ziploc and just had a mini picinic while we were waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: