Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 10:39 AM

841 posts, read 1,432,639 times

Advertisements

Here's the image of the day for our unenlightened friend from the great state of NY:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03272009/photos/002_joel_klein.jpg (broken link)

Note that he did not say: "We'll really just have to wait to see what the union tells us we can do."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-rated View Post
because I have friends and family who live in NC and I am there often. I will stand up and defend teachers wherever I am, anytime, any place
You, my friend, are either very young or sorely misinformed.

Please explain how NY gets the money to pay for all its employees, including its teacher. Let's start there. Once we establish the money flow, then we have something to discuss in re: to salaries (and unions).

Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
Here's the image of the day for our unenlightened friend from the great state of NY:
Again, some people just can't let reality get in the way of a good fantasy

Old 07-08-2009, 10:44 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Again, why would anyone let reality get in the way of a good fantasy
Or facts get in the way of a misinformed rant?

Our NY friend is living in La La Land . . . figuratively and literally (when it comes to NY, teacher salaries and unions).

Old 07-08-2009, 10:44 AM

254 posts, read 329,131 times
Quote:
R-Rated: here's something for you (among many news reports):

2,000 TEACHERS FACING AX

Despite a hefty financial boost from the federal government, as many as 5,000 of the city's public-school staffers -- including 2,000 teachers -- could still be out of a job come September, according to Schools Chancellor Joel Klein.

NYPost.com

I found a good bit more of similar stories. See what I mean? Do be so fool hardy as to think you are insulated by a union.
Oh my god yr citing articles from the NYPost. The NYPost is a rag that I wouldnt even use to pick up dog poop. No one reads that paper, completely unreliable source

Old 07-08-2009, 10:46 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,594 times
R-rated...I'm trying to follow your posts and points, but at some point, you've begun ranting and accusing. Now, all I hear from you is NOISE.

I understand you are pro-union. Beyond that, you are coming off as immature and extremely negative, which is not helping your cause. I think, if you truly want to be heard, you should take a step back and consider the perspective of those listening. Listen to them and learn where they are coming from. More ranting is turning people off...the LOUDEST one in the room doesn't win in NC.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:47 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Or facts get in the way of a misinformed rant?

Our NY friend is living in La La Land . . . figuratively and literally (when it comes to NY, teacher salaries and unions).
And there is the part that makes no sense to me Ani - the poster lives in NY, not NC. Posters who don't even live in a place, have NEVER lived in a place, but feel they are experts on that particular place are always suspect to me.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
And you think yr use of the english language is perfect. give me a break. You meant to say long time ago you did your job well. yr a retired old man who needs to catch up with the times. this thread is about thoughts and ideas not who can or can't write or command the english language. I can go back to your post and show u where you mispelled some words but thats not what this is about, so u can stop trying to sound intelligent because yr not and your views r very limited
I wish I was old enough retired so I would not have to suffer the foolhardy who believe things like "We're young and hip... we know it all!"

Care to enlighten me, young wise one, about how my over 25 years in education make my views "limited" and how your relatively short amount of time in education as a profession makes your view better? That doesn't even follow common sense and logic.

You are beginning to sound like a teen arguing with their parent, claiming to be smarter than your parents. We all know that eventually you have to admit later in life that your parents weren't as foolish as you.

We can continue to discuss this topic all day. I have over 25 years of experience and three education degrees from which to draw to talk about the subject. You? Youth exuberance?

Old 07-08-2009, 10:48 AM

254 posts, read 329,131 times
Quote:

Note that he did not say: "We'll really just have to wait to see what the union tells us we can do."
more from the NYPost? did you get to see the one where they reffered to our president (Obama) as a gorilla. you need more reliable sources

Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Oh my god yr citing articles from the NYPost. The NYPost is a rag that I wouldnt even use to pick up dog poop. No one reads that paper, completely unreliable source
So they made up the quote by Klein, huh? If that's the case, then were's the libel lawsuit? PLEASE tell me this is a joke and you don't REALLY teach so I can feel some sense of relief for the state of NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte