Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
Oh jeez, that is such a 12-year-old tactic. Grow up.
I think you have identified the problem precisely - this is a bored child trying to pretend they belong in the grownup world. I just can't waste my time - what with all the "escaping goats", I've got other things to do right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 AM

254 posts, read 329,087 times
Quote:
Tell you what. I am tired of doing your research for you. YOU provide it. Also... back to my original point. What concessions were made, if not at the expense of educating the children? There is no way to make concessions that do not involve cuts in salary or teachers and also don't affect the students. That's fuzzy math at its best.

Face it. You aren't REALLY interested in being an educator. You simply want a public sector job for life. Not once have you posted ANYTHING about your love of children and the rewards of being a teacher. All you argue is that your union protects your backside... nothing substantive about how the union makes education better for the children. And don't give me the tired argument about how unions keep teachers in the classroom. Really? Unions protect very poor teachers, thereby blocking the paths for better teachers who can not find a job there in NY. Guess where those better, more motivated teachers go? They move to NC to teach. Hence, NY is stuck with too many union hacks who simply hold a space and NC gets the best and brightest directly from NY.

I see a ton of NY plates in Charlotte... how many NC plates you see regularly in NY? Exactly. Do the math: if more NYers are here than NCers are there, well, there's your answer.
Just like I thought, very smart of you. you found yourself in a hole and decided to stop digging. very good just like Mark Twain suggested keep your mouth shut before you begin to sound like a fool.

If NY teachers are so bad how do you explain the rate of graduation going up, test scores going up,a reduction of crime and school violence.
from what I understand NC school system is not improving, so how is it that you have better teachers. you sound very bitter, now the truth is coming out, yr in NC but really want 2 b in NY, come on over and join the UFT

Old 07-08-2009, 11:37 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-rated View Post
where I come from the loudest in the room gets to form a union that defend and protect them from being used as escape goats...

Where you come from, the "loudest in the room" are the people we call Damn Yankees b/c they not only lack manners, they are uncouth loud mouths. Just saying . . .

And btw . . . I noticed you continue to be disagreeable on this thread but you conveniently disregarded my question to you, so I will state it again.

Please explain how the state of NY budgets for teachers' salaries. Where does the money come from to pay teachers?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM

841 posts, read 1,432,419 times
Quote:
Just like I thought, very smart of you. you found yourself in a hole and decided to stop digging. very good just like Mark Twain suggested keep your mouth shut before you begin to sound like a fool.

If NY teachers are so bad how do you explain the rate of graduation going up, test scores going up,a reduction of crime and school violence.
from what I understand NC school system is not improving, so how is it that you have better teachers. you sound very bitter, now the truth is coming out, yr in NC but really want 2 b in NY, come on over and join the UFT
This is it and I am done with you because your childish tactics and immaturity are perfect for a bunch of young foolhearted, headstrong genXers. You can't even seem to have an original thought, instead just simply reusing my lines to you over and over to me and others. You don't even answer ANY questions that I give you, nor do you answer anyone else's questions. But, here's something for you to ponder.

I also did some additional research and the 2008 graduation rate in NC was about 70%; NY City schools? A whopping 60.7% and that was considered a big improvement. In other words, you still have some way to go in NY City Schools to catch up.

And... here's what your UFT brings to education:

700 NYC teachers are paid to do nothing

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090622/ap_on_re_us/us_rubber_rooms (broken link)

Last edited by lowercountry; 07-08-2009 at 11:54 AM..

Old 07-08-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
This is it and I am done with you because your childish tactics and immaturity are perfect for a bunch of young foolhearted, headstrong genXers. You can't even seem to have an original thought, instead just simply reusing my lines to you over and over to me and others. You don't even answer ANY questions that I give you, nor do you answer anyone else's questions. But, here's something for you to ponder.

I also did some additional research and the 2008 graduation rate in NC was about 70%; NY City schools? A whopping 60.7% and that was considered a big improvement. In other words, you still have some way to go in NY City Schools to catch up.

And... here's what your UFT brings to education:
700 NYC teachers are paid to do nothing

700 NYC teachers are paid to do nothing - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090622/ap_on_re_us/us_rubber_rooms - broken link)
yes it is a big improvement from where it used to be, and if your teachers are doing such a wonderful job and they are so good why are you cutting their pay, why are you laying them off

These teachers who are paid to do nothing are being investigated or accused of some infractions and while their cases are pending they are being paid. It takes a long time before their cases are heard, its NYC's government fault for the delays

Old 07-08-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Where you come from, the "loudest in the room" are the people we call Damn Yankees b/c they not only lack manners, they are uncouth loud mouths. Just saying . . .

And btw . . . I noticed you continue to be disagreeable on this thread but you conveniently disregarded my question to you, so I will state it again.

Please explain how the state of NY budgets for teachers' salaries. Where does the money come from to pay teachers?
the money is already there, unions just force government to think before they cut and lay teachers off, maybe other services can be cut, maybe less spending in certain areas. when you are not in a union there is nobody there to force the issue and make these politicians think before they act...

Old 07-08-2009, 12:09 PM

841 posts, read 1,432,419 times
Quote:
These teachers who are paid to do nothing are being investigated or accused of some infractions and while their cases are pending they are being paid. It takes a long time before their cases are heard, its NYC's government fault for the delays
The fault of the government... really?

From the article itself:

"Because their union contract makes it extremely difficult to fire them..."

That's where the real fault lies. Not with the hearing process.

Quote:
the money is already there.
Again, you lack a depth of understanding of educational finance. The money is not just "there already." Where does it come from?

Quote:
unions just force government to think before they cut and lay teachers off, maybe other services can be cut, maybe less spending in certain areas.
And, there you go. Cut services to the children but provide pay to 700 "teachers" who do nothing all day because the union contract make it "extremely difficult" to fire them.

Once again you prove that you could not care any less about the students; you just want your backside hired for life.

Quote:
if your teachers are doing such a wonderful job and they are so good why are you cutting their pay, why are you laying them off
There's a recession, in case you haven't heard with your head in the clouds. I went over the whole thing with you hours ago. Go back and read again.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

and what the hell is "A damn yankee", this is not "1959" its "2009", people don't use such terms anymore. where I come from loud mouths are sometime reffered to as "community organizers", they get things done, they change things

Old 07-08-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
The fault of the government... really?

From the article itself:

"Because their union contract makes it extremely difficult to fire them..."

That's where the real fault lies. Not with the hearing process.

Again, you lack a depth of understanding of educational finance. The money is not just "there already." Where does it come from?

And, there you go. Cut services to the children but provide pay to 700 "teachers" who do nothing all day because the union contract make it "extremely difficult" to fire them.

Once again you prove that you could not care any less about the students; you just want your backside hired for life.

There's a recession, in case you haven't heard with your head in the clouds. I went over the whole thing with you hours ago. Go back and read again.
why do the cuts have to be in services for children. if u care so much about children why do you agree with teacher layoffs, yr contradicting yourself. go back and read yr own own post and see the contradictions

Old 07-08-2009, 12:37 PM

... and the money comes from taxes paid by our citizens, do I have to state the obvious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte