Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 01:10 PM

254 posts, read 328,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It is truly sad that so many Americans don't undertand basic economics. No wonder our educational system in this country is in the shape it's in - you can't teach when you are uneducated yourself

I love the assertion that if NC teachers just had unions they wouldn't be losing their jobs - what's the union gonna do? Print money like the mint?? If the money is not there, it's not there.
the unions will make sure the pain is shared. how educated r u when yr views are so limited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
"The money is already there?"

HUH?

Once again . . . please explain the budgeting process and how the money is collected.

And no, you can't use the Good Fairy deposits it so it is "already there."
u understand basic economics and I have to explain where the money comes from.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:15 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,728,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-rated View Post
the unions will make sure the pain is shared. how educated r u when yr views are so limited
i think i've met a grand total of two ppl from the south that thought that unions were a good idea.

you have an unpopular opinon, here. mentioning obama's name will not help your case at all.

i'm willing to bet that the ppl throwing the word yankee around are pretty conservative, anti union, and long for the days when charlotte was more..."southern."

you'd be better off talking to a squirrel.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:18 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i think i've met a grand total of two ppl from the south that thought that unions were a good idea.

you have an unpopular opinon, here. mentioning obama's name will not help your case at all.

i'm willing to bet that the ppl throwing the word yankee around are pretty conservative, anti union, and long for the days when charlotte was more..."southern."

you'd be better off talking to a squirrel.
Yeah, because we all know how much squirrels love nuts

Old 07-08-2009, 01:26 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
ROFL!

Yeah, and when there are too many squirrels, we just shoot 'em.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:27 PM

841 posts, read 1,431,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i'm willing to bet that the ppl throwing the word yankee around are pretty conservative, anti union...
(A) You say that as if being conservative and anti-union is tantamount to being a nazi or such.

(B) We are minding our business on the "Charlotte" part of city-data.com. We didn't ask for anyone from NYC to come to our board and "enlighten" us on how backwards we supposedly are, toss insults, only to be shown that data shows that NC's education system is working just fine, thank you.

You'd have a point if the poster hadn't come to the board ready with a "NY's better than you dumb hicks" mentality. And with much of my family still back in NY, I think I know the attitude well.

Quote:
yeah, nuts about my country and my union

just like yr nuts about yr old backward ways
Yet again - nothing about caring about her students. You don't deserve to be a teacher. Period.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
yeah, nuts about my country and my union

just like yr nuts about yr old backward ways

Old 07-08-2009, 01:28 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
u understand basic economics and I have to explain where the money comes from.
No, I didn't say that. I never said one word about understanding economics, wh/ by the way, has nothing to do with explaining the budgeting process in NY>

I want you to explain to us where NY gets its money to pay its teachers.

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:

How educated are you when you can't spell the words "are", "you", "your", and don't know how to capitalize the first letter at the start of every sentence?

If you don't think unions can't be damaging just ask many of the present and former resident of New Jersey. The NJEA has bent that state over with a loud "BOHICA" for years (if you're wondering one of the big reasons why your next door neighbor from New Jersey wound up down here...). That union should be decimated, period.

I'd love to know when the last time a union has been relevant.

But of course in spite of the spelling you obviously can't have limited views (complete with ). You said so yourself.

So Creskin....aside from raising your property taxes, where does the money come from?

Last edited by BrianH1970; 07-08-2009 at 01:46 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
ROFL!

Yeah, and when there are too many squirrels, we just shoot 'em.
very intelligent post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte