Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 03:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-rated View Post
i started on this thread defending unions and not insulting anyone until someone came on and called me ignorant just because i was using abbreviations. there are many on this thread who are anti union and they want to throw insults around and expect others to take it and that is not fair.
"Chicagocubs", your ponit is well taken, i get on the Charlotte website because i am in Charlotte very often, i have many friends and family members there and i am going to keep coming and going. I just wanted to share my views. I am no stranger
by the way did you see post 98 on page 10
From your very first post (#82) you were looking to inflame people:

"NC will continue to be a second rate city / state..."

Your post to me on #93 was especially rude and uncalled for. Again, you've shown your true trollish colors throughout the whole thread. You remind me of the quote from MacBeth:

A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 03:38 PM

841 posts, read 1,432,419 times
Quote:
i started on this thread defending unions and not insulting anyone.

Last night at roughly 10 pm one of your first posts:

Quote:
u need to visit new york,, a first rate city / state. North Carolina cannot compare.
Implying that NC is second rate because we don't have unions isn't an insult, huh? The first post in the thread, also from last night, was similarly an covert insult and incitement. From there your "we've better in NY" was going to arouse people. Then, when people dared to questions unions you went off of the rails.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:41 PM

254 posts, read 329,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Obviously the money isn't there or they wouldn't be gearing to cut almost 52 million from the budget.

That's kinda like saying that California really isn't in that bad a shape, don't you think?
I got on this thread to defend teachers and our union, and talked about how our union will protect us from absobing the brunt of the economic problem. I am not denying that our problem exist
I also said that NC teachers will take a stronger blow because they don't have a union

Old 07-08-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Your post to me on #93 was especially rude and uncalled for. Again, you've shown your true trollish colors throughout the whole thread.

I see we both went through the same line of thinking.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I got on this thread to defend teachers and our union, and talked about how our union will protect us from absobing the brunt of the economic problem. I am not denying that our problem exist
I also said that NC teachers will take a stronger blow because they don't have a union
And we told you why we have issues with unions and instead of saying, "Oh well, I tried to tell you, but you can have it your way," you instead got upset that we called out your union and disagreed with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Your post to me on #93 was especially rude and uncalled for. Again, you've shown your true trollish colors throughout the whole thread. You remind me of the quote from MacBeth:

A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
there you go again with the insults. I guess you are not calling me an idiot because you are doing it indirectly

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,406,733 times
Quote:
I got on this thread to defend teachers and our union, and talked about how our union will protect us from absobing the brunt of the economic problem.

You're a teacher???????

And you accuse others of having a limited view....wow....

Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
Last night at roughly 10 pm one of your first posts:

Implying that NC is second rate because we don't have unions isn't an insult, huh? The first post in the thread, also from last night, was similarly an covert insult and incitement. From there your "we've better in NY" was going to arouse people. Then, when people dared to questions unions you went off of the rails.
but its the truth. I am not saying NC is not a first class city because you dont have unions, it is just a fact, with unions or no unions

Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
You're a teacher???????

A point that utterly frightened me as well.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
I see we both went through the same line of thinking.
Great minds and all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte