Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:03 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,358,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
BTW - speaking of insults - you never apologized to LC for the racist remarks.

And never apologized to me for going so easy on my mother.

The nerve of some people...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 04:04 PM

841 posts, read 1,424,055 times
Quote:
BTW - speaking of insults - you never apologized to LC for the racist remarks.

I am insulted only because the poster claimed my pointed hat was showing when in fact it is my pointy head.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:05 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,166,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
i am insulted only because the poster claimed my pointed hat was showing when in fact it is my pointy head.
LOL!!!! You are a very good sport, LC. I am still waiting for the apology.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:06 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,645,705 times
Default Don't I get any credit?

Almost 300 posts from this "teacher" that probably wears a cut off tee shirt with his bear barrel belly sticking out just below the union logo above it, teaching his students readen, writen and ritmertic, and I haven't said a word!

I think I deserve a beer at the CD re-union for the restraint I used biting my tongue thru this horror show.

Carry on,if you care to,
je

BTW: Mr. Union man...I owned a printing business in NYC for longer than you are old (probably). I beat the unions in my plant for 20 years and walked away with a barrel of money I didn't need to give to people like you. Just thought I let you know so that when you go beddie-bye tonight you'll toss and turn like I did for all those years. Think I'll go in my yard right now and smoke a 6" er thinking about all the hate you have inside of you for people like me.
Nighty, nite.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:20 PM

254 posts, read 327,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Almost 300 posts from this "teacher" that probably wears a cut off tee shirt with his bear barrel belly sticking out just below the union logo above it, teaching his students readen, writen and ritmertic, and I haven't said a word!

I think I deserve a beer at the CD re-union for the restraint I used biting my tongue thru this horror show.

Carry on,if you care to,
je

BTW: Mr. Union man...I owned a printing business in NYC for longer than you are old (probably). I beat the unions in my plant for 20 years and walked away with a barrel of money I didn't need to give to people like you. Just thought I let you know so that when you go beddie-bye tonight you'll toss and turn like I did for all those years. Think I'll go in my yard right now and smoke a 6" er thinking about all the hate you have inside of you for people like me.
Nighty, nite.
i dont know you so why should I hate you. you are the one with the hate

Old 07-08-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
LOL!!!! You are a very good sport, LC. I am still waiting for the apology.
dont hold your breath

Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-rated View Post
dont hold your breath

Of course because that would require humility and a sense of decorum. Much better to be stubborn and ill-tempered, lavishing in your own self-aggrandizement than to be thought of as "weak".

Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Then answer the question, or let me be more specific: when students needs conflict with teachers' personal needs, should unions side with students or teachers?

President Obama, in March:

"“I reject a system that rewards failure and protects a person from its consequences. The stakes are too high.”

(From an article entitled "Obama takes on teachers' unions")

Needless to say many union types are not happy at these statements nor at the call for merit pay, something teachers unions decry.
one of the the jobs of government is to make sure there aren't any conflicts when it comes to educating our kids

Old 07-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Of course because that would require humility and a sense of decorum. Much better to be stubborn and ill-tempered, lavishing in your own self-aggrandizement than to be thought of as "weak".
oh you sound real intelligent there

Old 07-08-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
one of the the jobs of government is to make sure there aren't any conflicts when it comes to educating our kids
I missed that in the constitution. In fact, the founding fathers made scant mention of public education from a federal perspective. They believed that education was to be the purview of the state and local governments. But to point: are you saying that Obama was not serious when he was pointing out the failure of teachers' unions policy of protecting even bad teachers?

Quote:
oh you sound real intelligent there
I'm sorry. I thought that was perfectly acceptable for anyone with anything about an 11th grade education. Surely you graduated from college so I don't get your point there either, unless you actually prefer your conversations to be dumbed down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte