U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 04-10-2007, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Baltimore...for now!
77 posts, read 282,457 times
Reputation: 86

Advertisements

We are having a house built in Indian Land (Lancaster County near Fort Mill). It won't be ready till Aug or Sept. My wife and I need temp housing for several months, possibly May to Sept. If we found a townhouse or house with a garage, then we could store everything there and save on storage fees. If it was an apartment, we would have to store most of our stuff.

Does anyone know of places that offer this...the closer to Fort Mill area the better.

Also, for all who have moved...is it cheaper to store your stuff with the moving company for several months or have it delivered to a local storage place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2007, 02:14 PM
 
2,481 posts, read 5,990,651 times
Reputation: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensruul View Post
We are having a house built in Indian Land (Lancaster County near Fort Mill). It won't be ready till Aug or Sept. My wife and I need temp housing for several months, possibly May to Sept. If we found a townhouse or house with a garage, then we could store everything there and save on storage fees. If it was an apartment, we would have to store most of our stuff.

Does anyone know of places that offer this...the closer to Fort Mill area the better.

Also, for all who have moved...is it cheaper to store your stuff with the moving company for several months or have it delivered to a local storage place.

While it is possible (not plentiful..but possible) to find someone to rent a townhome or home to you in the Fort Mill area...it would be almost next to impossible to find someone to rent it to you on a short term basis. Even the apartments that are within Fort Mill (there are a grand total of 2 in Fort Mill that I would suggest to you)...have gotten away from month to month rentals.

The two apartment complexes I would suggest would be Palmetto Plantation (there is a poster on this site that is currently renting here...while there home is being built), or there is Peachtree Place Apartments. I have known friends that have lived in both places while there homes were being finished).

I also have family members that live in an apartment complex in the South Charlotte/Ballantyne area (off Johnston Rd/and Providence Rd West)...but I believe they have a 6 month min. now (not positive though)...feel free to PM if you'd like more information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Baltimore...for now!
77 posts, read 282,457 times
Reputation: 86
Thanks, I will try those...you are ALWAYS a wealth of information!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2007, 05:55 PM
 
Location: SC
1,121 posts, read 2,240,063 times
Reputation: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensruul View Post
Thanks, I will try those...you are ALWAYS a wealth of information!!!
There is an apartment complex in Charlotte that will rent to you for 30 days.
A co-worker of mine is moving there this weekend, because his house wasn't finished on time.

Put all his stuff in storage, and rented the apartment, fully furnished, including dishes, lines, phone service (local only) cable, and all utilities included. He's taking his toothbrush and his clothes. Ping me if you want the name of the complex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2007, 09:10 PM
 
37 posts, read 85,497 times
Reputation: 37
Default RE: Storage

We just moved our stuff from LI, NY to Charlotte. We opted to put it in a storage facility in Charlotte rather than have the mover hold it until our house is ready. The mover wanted to charge $250 per month to hold it in NY. The storage is $107....with first month free!!! Our house wont be ready until late July early August. If we only needed storage for a month or two I probably would have had the mover hold onto it for us b/c now we have to rent a truck and hire some movers to move everything out of the storage when the time is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2007, 07:52 PM
 
Location: SC
1,121 posts, read 2,240,063 times
Reputation: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
There is an apartment complex in Charlotte that will rent to you for 30 days.
A co-worker of mine is moving there this weekend, because his house wasn't finished on time.

Put all his stuff in storage, and rented the apartment, fully furnished, including dishes, lines, phone service (local only) cable, and all utilities included. He's taking his toothbrush and his clothes. Ping me if you want the name of the complex
well I'll answer myself, for all the pings I got. I didn't know I could post the name of the complex.

It's Atkins Circle, located in the Ballantyne area. I am not affiliated with it in anyway, and it's unknown to me how many units they do the 30 day thing with, but for those in need, I thought I'd pass this along...me the person who knows no one in Charlotte other than 20 or so co-workers, and who knows nothing about getting anywhere in Charlotte other than to work and back home to Concord...I find that amusing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top