U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,997 times

Advertisements

Is Charlotte, North Carolina a fun place for single people. Is there a lot to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 04:59 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,826,131 times
yes. though imo raleigh is better, with all of the young people due to the colleges alongside the young professionals. charlotte is a bigger city though, and it has jack-in-the-box. which is plus plus for me.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:07 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,658,219 times
Here is a post I made a while back. Since then new places have opened up. A popular place is the Epicenter. That thread was about 20 somethings but I think there is something for singles of any age. What you do all depends on your interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Thousands of college students and graduates call Charlotte home. Charlotte is not LA but as a 20- something I find a lot to do here. As my dad always says.."If you bored...do something". There are several clubs/groups full full of young adults. One example: Charlotte Outdoor Adventures I honestly think you have to be a pretty boring person to be bored here.

This recent thread has some info about bars/nightclubs. Any fun places for a college-aged student to go?

Arts Organizations (Museums, Dance, Art, Theatre)
Arts and Science Council
Charlotte Cultural Guide

Here is a post I made in another thread.

LovesBoating wrote:

I'm sorry to single out LovesBoating but in my experience this is not true. I've seen this stated a few times, mostly by people who didn't live in Charlotte when they were younger and/or single. I think it's just the case of knowing what's going on based on one's interests. For example I am single with no children. I couldn't tell you five events/happenings focused on families with young children. That dosen't mean they don't exist. There are a lot of things happening in and around Charlotte. There are concerts (large and small venues), bars/clubs, museums, sporting events, arts (dance, theater, music) events. There are many activity groups/events just for the 20 - 30 something crowd.

One example is Club Blume

Last edited by NCgirl; 05-30-2009 at 06:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte