Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:21 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Thought I would pass along . . . I rec'd notice that Air Tran has a sale going on to the above mentioned cities . . . sample fares I saw when I got on-site for the above-mentioned cities ranged from $59-89 one way.

For those of you w/ family out of town, you might want to check out this sale. And no, I am not associated w/ Air Tran or the travel industry, LOL!!!

There are additional fees and taxes. Here are some of the terms:

Booking requirements: Sample fares above are quoted for one adult and based on one-way booking for economy/coach class travel on AirTran Airways. Tickets must be booked at least 10 days in advance of travel and no later than 11:59pm PST on June 4, 2009.

Travel dates: Sample fares above are valid for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays only, through October 30, 2009. Sale fares for travel on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays may be available for a higher price; travel is not valid on Sundays. Service to/from Atlantic City begins June 11, 2009. Service between Orlando and Ashville, NC begins June 11, 2009; service between Orlando and Knoxville begins June 12, 2009; service between Orlando and Charleston, WV begins June 25, 2009. Service to/from Allentown, PA begins June 25, 2009.Service to/from Burlington, VT ends September 8, 2009.

Blackout dates: June 26-28, 2009; July 2-3, and 5-6, 2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 08:41 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Thought I would pass along . . . I rec'd notice that Air Tran has a sale going on to the above mentioned cities . . . sample fares I saw when I got on-site for the above-mentioned cities ranged from $59-89 one way.

For those of you w/ family out of town, you might want to check out this sale. And no, I am not associated w/ Air Tran or the travel industry, LOL!!!

There are additional fees and taxes. Here are some of the terms:

Booking requirements: Sample fares above are quoted for one adult and based on one-way booking for economy/coach class travel on AirTran Airways. Tickets must be booked at least 10 days in advance of travel and no later than 11:59pm PST on June 4, 2009.

Travel dates: Sample fares above are valid for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays only, through October 30, 2009. Sale fares for travel on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays may be available for a higher price; travel is not valid on Sundays. Service to/from Atlantic City begins June 11, 2009. Service between Orlando and Ashville, NC begins June 11, 2009; service between Orlando and Knoxville begins June 12, 2009; service between Orlando and Charleston, WV begins June 25, 2009. Service to/from Allentown, PA begins June 25, 2009.Service to/from Burlington, VT ends September 8, 2009.

Blackout dates: June 26-28, 2009; July 2-3, and 5-6, 2009.
USAir has it to Lga too for 59 each way plus fees.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:52 AM

852 posts, read 2,468,060 times
these are great prices. I was due to go to Edison NJ for a dance competition in June and I was going to drive but I think now I may fly up there. Thanks for the tip.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:08 AM

You are very welcome! We all gotta look out for each other these days. Tight economy - and most of us have family/friends outside this state. Sure would be nice to be able to visit them more often.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:33 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,243 times
I actually booked flights last week for September, CLT/FLL, $69 each way on USAir. We were going to drive, but decided it was worth it to spend a little more and fly. I hated the thought of getting off our cruise and having the 12+ hour drive back! Now the drive will only be a little more than two hours after we deplane (we live near Boone).

Thanks for the heads up - always good to spread the word on anything that's money-saving.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
I actually booked flights last week for September, CLT/FLL, $69 each way on USAir. We were going to drive, but decided it was worth it to spend a little more and fly. I hated the thought of getting off our cruise and having the 12+ hour drive back! Now the drive will only be a little more than two hours after we deplane (we live near Boone).

Thanks for the heads up - always good to spread the word on anything that's money-saving.
So glad I had the info to share! We usually drive down to Pt Canaveral for cruises - about 9 hours from here in CLT. Having to drive all the way back to Boone would really stretch my tolerance of that trip! I am really glad you were able to work it out so your trip will be a lot more comfortable.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:08 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,703,735 times
Default one hour and 20 minutes flying time

Took an early morning flight this week to CLT from NYC.
Funny thing is when you take a 7am flight people in your house think maybe you're at the store for the newspaper.
My son got up and called me--"Hey where are you, can you drive me to the train station"?

Yeah right. . . the one in Charlotte? whoops.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:49 AM

153 posts, read 474,281 times
Thanks for posting the information, Anifani821.

I don't fly alot, but did fly Air Trans in February, and was very impressed with their operation and customer service emphasis. The gate people work very hard to get the flights off on-time. A couple of my flights were on the Boeing 717 / 200 (?), which seemed to feel more-spacious with a 2-by-3 seat configuration in coach.

The one aspect about Air Trans I didn't enjoy was going to your destination via NY or Atlanta. US Airways has spoiled me, since Charlotte is the hub for alot of the flights leaving Charlotte for southern destinations. Air Trans did start offering a direct flight from CLT to Orlando in April, and I hope that continues on other popular routes (Tampa, please ?).

US Airways puts out a weekly e-saver, listing listing weekend destinations they are offering at low airfares. A person can subscribe to the e-mail version of e-saver, which comes out Wednesday, or look for it in the Thursday (?) Charlotte Observer. The fares in the e-saver are good only for the coming weekend.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:49 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,703,735 times
I plugged in a date for the 3rd week of June (RT) LGA to CLT

59 down 79 ret. plus taxes

US Air

Old 05-30-2009, 07:15 AM

153 posts, read 474,281 times
(Follow-up to my previous comment)

After reading the posts on this thread, I went to the usairways.com website to see what the current price was for a pair of tickets I purchased on 05/16 to Tampa.

I expected to see the ticket price increase as I got closer to my travel date - 06/16. Instead, it has dropped by $80 for the roadtrip.

I called US Airways' customer service, and requested a credit for the difference. I was told that any change to the tickets ... including a price adjustment ... would still involve a service charge of $150. I think that's ridiculous, considering I've already been charged for the tickets, and won't be able to use them for a couple more weeks.

Since the phone call this morning, I've also sent an e-mail to their customer service.

Any additional suggestions on how to address my concern with US Airways would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte