U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 09:24 PM

55 posts, read 156,704 times

Advertisements

My budget is 1000-1600 and I need an area for my wife and young son thats is safe but still in a neighborhood like dilworth/elizabeth not too far from the city, any help suggestions? Will I be able to find a decent house in that range?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 09:28 PM

769 posts, read 1,984,500 times
Could you provide a little more info, then we can give you better advice. For example, what size house are you looking for, what types of activities, services, etc are important to you, where will you be working? I'm sure you can find a good house in your price range, but those factors will help everyone to point you in directions that narrow your search down. Otherwise, there's likely to be a very wide ranging set of recommendations that probably won't help you as much.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:51 AM

55 posts, read 156,704 times
I need a 3 bedroom, size 1100+, we like to be near things like restaurants and parks, safe walkable neighborhood, though we dont like new construction neighborhoods, we would live in a newer house in an older area. Also want an area for our dog (fenced yard and park) Ill be working NE of uptown about 15-20 miles and would like to be going against traffic. Thanks for any help!

Old 05-31-2009, 07:13 AM

NE side of Uptown sounds like the University area. You should be able to find something in your price range there quite easily. I know there have been a couple of threads on here about that area that probably have a lot of information that can get you started (the forum search function will help you find more if you need more info) -

University Area: Present and Future

University City Tryon, Harris, Mallard Creek Church

Huntersville and Mooresville could also be options and have

Young mom moving to Huntersville from NJ

Mooresville and Huntersville

And Concord/Cabarrus County

Concord: Tell me all about it

Old 05-31-2009, 07:17 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,132,403 times
Search TR Lawing's website and then determine the location of that house.....

Old 05-31-2009, 10:51 AM

Also Realtor.com, Craig's List, Rentals.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte