U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 11:09 AM

5 posts, read 7,670 times

Advertisements

I had an interviewon Monday for a job there. I have to wait on that dreaded call back to see if they want me or not I'm just trying to have my bases covered. I work in tv news and we don't make alot of money lol. Is there a nice apartment complex close to Tryon street or the downtown area that I could check out? I mean something in the 450-700 a month range? That could change when I find out exactly what I would be makng, they did give me a range when I was there though. Of course none of this matters if I don't get the job I really hope I do get it because Charlotte looks like a great place!!! Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 11:13 AM

please excuse the errors in my title, my keyboard is acting up lol

Old 06-03-2009, 11:25 AM

14 posts, read 34,467 times
Default Great location to consider!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adudefromgeorgia View Post
I had an interviewon Monday for a job there. I have to wait on that dreaded call back to see if they want me or not I'm just trying to have my bases covered. I work in tv news and we don't make alot of money lol. Is there a nice apartment complex close to Tryon street or the downtown area that I could check out? I mean something in the 450-700 a month range? That could change when I find out exactly what I would be makng, they did give me a range when I was there though. Of course none of this matters if I don't get the job I really hope I do get it because Charlotte looks like a great place!!! Thank you in advance!
Hey there! Good luck with the job interview. You'll love this area. Its a smaller Georgia. You might want to get onto Charlotte.com and there is a place for rentals and real estate. If you do get the job because the property values have declined you may want to consider buying as an investment especially in uptown. There's alot of worthwhile deals out there in the uptown or close to uptown area. There are new condo & townhouse developments that can be negotiated as well. Let me know if I can help you further.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctides View Post
Hey there! Good luck with the job interview. You'll love this area. Its a smaller Georgia. You might want to get onto Charlotte.com and there is a place for rentals and real estate. If you do get the job because the property values have declined you may want to consider buying as an investment especially in uptown. There's alot of worthwhile deals out there in the uptown or close to uptown area. There are new condo & townhouse developments that can be negotiated as well. Let me know if I can help you further.
that is awasome! I really appreciate that!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:13 PM

1,852 posts, read 4,674,259 times
You are not going to find anything uptown/downtown for $700 or less. You may try being a roommate though. Otherwise, you are going to be 20 minutes out to find something around $700 that is decent enough. Will you be working uptown? If you don't want to commute you can check bus and light rail lines, but again the light rail lines don't hold low priced decent living to me at this point.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:10 PM

The station is WSOC tv 9 on North Tryon Street near uptown I believe. I am looking at apartments and I am realising that I may have to commute. The area around the tv station didn't seem like it was terribly expensive and it is down the street from downtown I think. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by adudefromgeorgia; 06-03-2009 at 03:21 PM..

Old 06-03-2009, 03:25 PM

409 posts, read 990,479 times
The area around the station is pretty sketchy. You would be better off looking further out N Tryon towards the University area, rather than towards uptown.

Good luck with your job prospects.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Food View Post
The area around the station is pretty sketchy. You would be better off looking further out N Tryon towards the University area, rather than towards uptown.

Good luck with your job prospects.
Yeah I was thinking that too. It's was hard to find the station because it sits so far back from the street, I'm like why is this beautiful tv station here? Thank you.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:19 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,171,245 times
I would either find a roomate or look for appartments uptown where someone is looking for a roomate, or, rent your own cheap place in the University area. Be careful though, the whol area directly north of the city and around university can get sketchy very fast.

ask for specific advice here and people will help you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or