Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 05:32 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,322,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Oh cripe, that same doofus gave me a negative for my comment on this thread as well. Here it is:

Hey, sign your name next time instead of hiding. Obviously someone is abusing the feedback system. Saying something/someone exaggerates is not inflammatory. Um sorry Duke but you DO exaggerate at times, everyone has said that-- it was not a "flaming" remark. And as for "revise my post"..... you don't know how hard I laughed at that! Dream on!
Talk about someone misusing that remark - I got it too day before yesterday! Like I said before, if people are going to post such ridiculous exaggerations the reasonable among us aren't going to just let them stand unchallenged. Red's humorous comeback was perfect

Somebody go ahead and give me a rep point to make up for the one I guess I'm about to lose to our mystery negative repper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 07:13 PM

113 posts, read 441,654 times
Here's the thing-- Charlotte is the city many locals love to hate... lots of reason's for this: they used to be in charge of everything, they used to control most things and it was "their" town... some just don't cope with change well.

I've lived here 14 years and came from Washington DC via NYC in the early 90's. People who complain about the crime here-- haven't lived elsewhere. Traffic? Pretty much the same thing...there is more traffic than when I moved here- duh, but still a fraction of a major city. And schools-- my favorite, but you'll have to visit my regular blog-- its too long an answer and there's loads of info there.
Learn more about the area at my relocation site removed

Oh, and wait till you see my 1st Quarter Market Report-- you can still make money here on a house!

Last edited by Marka; 04-20-2007 at 07:05 AM..

Old 04-14-2007, 08:27 PM

525 posts, read 1,796,661 times
From my research and the fact my sister lives in Cinci..and I used to as a kid...crime is worse there. Just like any city you will have the hood! I think it is preference...I would say visit! Cost of living is low but so is Cinci and there are things going on....in Ohio not much beaches or mountains but here you have the mountains on one side and the beach on the other..I'd think parts of the surrounding areas of Charlotte though are more rural than the Cincinnati area.
Come visit!

Old 04-14-2007, 09:40 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,322,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMcDonald View Post
Here's the thing-- Charlotte is the city many locals love to hate... lots of reason's for this: they used to be in charge of everything, they used to control most things and it was "their" town... some just don't cope with change well.

I've lived here 14 years and came from Washington DC via NYC in the early 90's. People who complain about the crime here-- haven't lived elsewhere. Traffic? Pretty much the same thing...there is more traffic than when I moved here- duh, but still a fraction of a major city. And schools-- my favorite, but you'll have to visit my regular blog-- its too long an answer and there's loads of info there.
Learn more about the area at my relocation site CharlotteCommunities.net

Oh, and wait till you see my 1st Quarter Market Report-- you can still make money here on a house!
"the city locals love to hate"? Good grief, you've been here that long and you still don't have a clue about the natives or what they really hate.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:31 AM

473 posts, read 1,572,609 times
Red face Natives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
"the city locals love to hate"? Good grief, you've been here that long and you still don't have a clue about the natives or what they really hate.
What natives?! LOL! Very few here...

Old 04-15-2007, 01:25 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,908,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Oh cripe, that same doofus gave me a negative for my comment on this thread as well. Here it is:

Hey, sign your name next time instead of hiding. Obviously someone is abusing the feedback system. Saying something/someone exaggerates is not inflammatory. Um sorry Duke but you DO exaggerate at times, everyone has said that-- it was not a "flaming" remark. And as for "revise my post"..... you don't know how hard I laughed at that! Dream on!
I'll give you one when I can. I guess I gave you too many it says I have to spread it around first. I'll catch ya later.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:27 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,908,993 times
Every place has some kind of crime. You have to be careful everywhere.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:27 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,892,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I'll give you one when I can. I guess I gave you too many it says I have to spread it around first. I'll catch ya later.
Awww, thanks!!

Old 04-16-2007, 01:57 PM

6 posts, read 11,410 times
Default Moved from IN 15 yrs ago

I moved to Charlotte from Indiana 15 years ago. At the time, I thought that if I didn't like it, I would move back. You know what my answer was. But you like OH and I didn't like the weather in northern IN, so I'm happy. I love the short mild winters here, although I do miss the snow a little. The summers are longer but I like warmer weather anyway. I particularly love the close proximity of the mountains (~2 hours to Asheville) and the beach (~4 hours to Myrtle area). Traffic in Charlotte is bad; goes along with the rapid growth of the city. I agree with the other posts though; if you are not thrilled with moving south, I wouldn't do it. Visit here a few times first to see if you would like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte