U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,579,855 times

Advertisements

According to the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, VA

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/115/story/81850.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 11:59 PM

473 posts, read 1,453,682 times
Red face Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
According to the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, VA

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/115/story/81850.html (broken link)
Thanks for posting that article. I like to see positive articles about the area and the economy, especially when some try to lead others down the wrong path. Not that you or I would do that to anyone, but there are those that do...

Old 04-12-2007, 07:56 AM

2,742 posts, read 5,996,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaxx View Post
Thanks for posting that article. I like to see positive articles about the area and the economy, especially when some try to lead others down the wrong path. Not that you or I would do that to anyone, but there are those that do...
Charlotte’s economy? Strong? He must not read this board. Doesn’t he know that Charlotte’s economy is tanking. Masses of people are out of work and no one can find jobs. And the real estate market? Goodness. We’re the only area where real estate is “depreciating”. How dare he say that? This is ludicrous. An outrage. Who does he think he is….oh, I see, he’s the President of the Charlotte regions’ Federal Reserve Bank and it’s only his “job” to know the economy.

I agree. We need to see more “factual” posts like these because some of the comments on this board are so “baseless” it’s pathetic.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:28 AM

473 posts, read 1,453,682 times
Red face Depreciation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Charlotte’s economy? Strong? He must not read this board. Doesn’t he know that Charlotte’s economy is tanking. Masses of people are out of work and no one can find jobs. And the real estate market? Goodness. We’re the only area where real estate is “depreciating”. How dare he say that? This is ludicrous. An outrage. Who does he think he is….oh, I see, he’s the President of the Charlotte regions’ Federal Reserve Bank and it’s only his “job” to know the economy.

I agree. We need to see more “factual” posts like these because some of the comments on this board are so “baseless” it’s pathetic.
I'd like to see where you get depreciation out of that article? I don't see it, sorry... Please provide backup for your comments about Charlotte. My house has done nothing but appreciate here, so maybe we have made a good investment?

I hear people complain about not being able to get jobs, but they don't want to take a job making what Charlotte is willing to pay. You are not going to obtain a job make a NYC wage here, it's not going to happen. I think you need to be realistic about obtaining jobs here, the first is always the hardest to get after moving, I should know, I move every 2-3 years and between states...

Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 AM

50 posts, read 200,056 times
Go to the bookshelft, pick up the dictionary, and look up the word S-A-R-C-A-S-M.

Then re-read the previous post.

Thanks!

Quote:
I'd like to see where you get depreciation out of that article? I don't see it, sorry... Please provide backup for your comments about Charlotte. My house has done nothing but appreciate here, so maybe we have made a good investment?

I hear people complain about not being able to get jobs, but they don't want to take a job making what Charlotte is willing to pay. You are not going to obtain a job make a NYC wage here, it's not going to happen. I think you need to be realistic about obtaining jobs here, the first is always the hardest to get after moving, I should know, I move every 2-3 years and between states...

Old 04-15-2007, 09:43 AM

536 posts, read 1,542,389 times
Default ???

ruiner, I'm confused.

Are you saying Carolina Blue was sarcastic, because at one point I thought so, then I did, then I did not... you get the picture!

Houses are going up and up and up, where I live... (Union County)
And they are going down, down, down where I used to live... (L.I., NY)

Set me straight, otherwise good post LoveMountains

Old 04-15-2007, 11:19 AM

7,930 posts, read 17,799,307 times
I agree with Keith, and I too read the post and though it was sarcastic however I then re-read it again, and it made sense..LOL...

Old 04-15-2007, 12:52 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,172,593 times
Quote:

You hit the nail right on the head with that comment, niknaxx.
Bottom line, your chances of finding a job here in Charlotte are decent, BUT the big money jobs just don't exisit! People just don't want to believe that!
Just be aware of that before you move here! I'm not trying to scare anyone who is moving without a job, but that fact is, if you can get a transfer, you'll be ahead of the game. Trust me, been there, done that.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:04 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,799,307 times
Quote:

I have to personally disagree....sorry

Old 04-15-2007, 02:09 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,996,296 times
Quote:
I'd like to see where you get depreciation out of that article? I don't see it, sorry... Please provide backup for your comments about Charlotte...
I was being sarcastic. Its quite obvious Charlotte's economy is very strong despite what some people on this board continue to try and say about it. I said I was agreeing with you about the need for more factual posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or