U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:26 AM

21 posts, read 87,267 times

Advertisements

I found a great deal on a Saussy Burbank house in Douglas Park... the same model house usually costs tens of thousands more in other communities. I'm just curious why it's so inexpensive...

Anyone have ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 AM

390 posts, read 1,366,433 times
Where is that located? Never heard of it.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:59 AM

21 posts, read 87,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
Where is that located? Never heard of it.
Huntersville... Long Creek, Bradley, and Hopewell are the schools.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 PM

286 posts, read 862,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theArgiope View Post
Huntersville... Long Creek, Bradley, and Hopewell are the schools.
alot of it depends on location-location-location. i just bought a house in gilead village, i can buy the same house in baxter village for only $100.000 more, and it is the same house.Go figure.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:35 PM

549 posts, read 2,187,105 times
Well most of the time the "model home" is located on a bigger corner lot. Or could face a pond tress, etc. And most of the time builders will put unique features (usually not in their upgrade option list) to make the home more appealing for costumers. It is one of the reasons I can think why the model is more expensive.
Douglas Park was community built by Saussy Burbank .

They built the Cottage collection homes(slab foundation)

and classic collection (crawl)

In Arbor glen and Gilead Village they are only building cottage homes. Yes over the last year the prices for Saussy homes in Baxter have gone up in price dramatically compared to Old Stone Crossing.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anigirli View Post
Well most of the time the "model home" is located on a bigger corner lot. Or could face a pond tress, etc. And most of the time builders will put unique features (usually not in their upgrade option list) to make the home more appealing for costumers. It is one of the reasons I can think why the model is more expensive.
Douglas Park was community built by Saussy Burbank .

They built the Cottage collection homes(slab foundation)

and classic collection (crawl)

In Arbor glen and Gilead Village they are only building cottage homes. Yes over the last year the prices for Saussy homes in Baxter have gone up in price dramatically compared to Old Stone Crossing.
Did you buy the house, which one is it? Saussy has a great reputation, and appreciated quite nicely,i move in next week,-whci model are you looking for?

Old 04-22-2007, 01:55 PM

Hello Xray
Still waiting for the new phase in Monteith park. When I spoke with them again they said they have pushed the new release/phase to the Fall. Another reason why I like them is because their communities usually are cute as button.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anigirli View Post
Hello Xray
Still waiting for the new phase in Monteith park. When I spoke with them again they said they have pushed the new release/phase to the Fall. Another reason why I like them is because their communities usually are cute as button.
are you waiting for monteith? it is great there, timing just didnt work for me, never would of been able to afford by the time they open up.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:11 PM

Yes I am waiting for Monteith since their classic collection is my favorite. Completely agree with you about how the prices keep going up and up. I also have looked into Summer's Walk.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:56 PM

14 posts, read 74,957 times
I also just bought a house in Giliad Village and I love it. Saussy is a good builder and Douglas Park would be a great neighborhood, they share our pool here. I work with allot of the builders in the area and I have only heard good things about Saussy from my co-workers, which made me jump on this house in Giliad Village when i found it for a steal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or