U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 AM

33 posts, read 159,029 times

Advertisements

The Men’s group at the Unity in Greensboro (1935 Opal Drive) in is sponsoring John Lee doing a workshop for men on Saturday, July 11th.

John is also doing a free lecture on Friday night (July 10th) that is open to men and women.

Your help in spreading the word of this event is greatly appreciated.

This could be the beginning in making a difference in a man's life and the lives of those who love him.

More information can be found at: JOHN LEE APPEARANCES (http://tinyurl.com/nmx3qo - broken link)

COURTING YOUR LOVER'S SOUL

Friday, July 10, 2009, 7 - 9:30 p.m.

More Intimacy, Passion and Communication Whether you are single, married, divorced, gay or straight, man or woman you can acquire information, insights and tools to help you become the person you always wanted to be in relationships. You can learn to pay attention to your lover's longings in ways not taught to most of us until now. By honestly answering the most important question an adult can ask--How Well Am I Loving? and learning the 4 Ways To Love and Becoming Compassionately Assertive you can take bold steps to loving and being loved in ways you've always dreamed about and longed for. The evening promises to be fast, full of useful guidance and even at times poignant and humorous.

THE EMOTIONALLY AVAILABLE MAN

Saturday, July 11, 2009, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

A day long workshop for men that will focus on enhancing and increasing the ability to identify feelings and express all emotions appropriately and at the same time be able to be attentive to the feelings and emotions others are expressing. Insights, tools, and information will be given to increase your abilities to be intimate, passionate and connected to those you care about and care about you. By gaining greater emotional sobriety, emotional intelligence and emotional literacy men can positively impact, correct and perhaps even save relationships to lovers, spouses, family, friends and even employees and bosses. * Explore the father-son relationship and how it impacts all relationships *Explore the mother-son relationship and how it impacts all relationships * Implementing the Grieving process regarding all changes, losses, and transitions *Expressing Anger Appropriately *Understanding and setting clear boundaries and limits

FROM PASSIVITY TO PASSION

Sunday Celebration, July 12, 2009, 11 a.m.

Pursuing Your Dreams and Turning Them Into Reality Dare to as the poet Rilke says, "Stand up during supper and walk outdoors, and keep on wal king." Make a difference in your own and other's lives. Hopefully moving from passivity to passion makes you want to take on the greatest project of all�LIFE. You can create the life you've always dreamed you would have, "Be all you can be." Enlist in life, love, relationships, work, family, friendships, and make the world a better place for your having been here.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:28 AM

276 posts, read 417,868 times
You might have included the warning that this guy is a Christian theist.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
You might have included the warning that this guy is a Christian theist.
Ok, so what does that mean? And what makes you say that? And what does it have to do with the workshop?

Old 06-10-2009, 10:17 AM

Official Website of Bestselling Author John Lee

About John Lee

John Lee, best-selling author of The Flying Boy: Healing the Wounded Man, has written sixteen books, including his latest release The Missing Peace.

John's highly innovative work in the fields of anger management and emotional regression has made him an in demand consultant, teacher, trainer, coach and speaker. His contributions in the fields of recovery, relationships, men's issues, spirituality, parenting and creativity have put him in the national spotlight for over twenty years.

He has been featured on Oprah, 20/20, Barbara Walter’s The View, CNN, PBS, and NPR. He has been interviewed by Newsweek, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, and dozens of other national magazines and radio talk shows.

John Lee has consulted and trained prestigious institutions in the clinical environment including The Betty Ford Clinic, Guy’s Hospital (London, England), The New York Open Center, South Pacific Hospital (Sydney, Australia), and Mountain Area Health and Education Center (North Carolina), and numerous others.

John's work in recovery, co-dependency, and adult children has positioned him as a leader in the field of addiction.

His unique approach to anger management has not only been embraced by the therapeutic community- but by the corporate sector and the general public. His non-traditional approach to therapy has been taught worldwide with great success. His two-day Mentone intensives have attracted highly motivated clients who want more one-on-one time than the usual fifty-minute hour can provide.

John's work with men's issues has positioned him as one of the leaders and early pioneers of the men's movement. His Mentone, Alabama Men’s Conference (co-hosted with Robert Bly), is in its fourteenth year and draws participants from around the world.

Over the past two decades, John Lee has conducted private and group sessions on a variety of issues working with men, women, couples and families. He lectures, gives workshops and trainings in over 40 cities each year, delivering sensitive, sophisticated material to audiences in a humorous and simple way everyone can understand. His lectures have been branded as “hilariously entertaining, deeply compassionate, yet filled with ‘tell it like it is!’”

John served as a professor at the University of Texas and Alabama before becoming a writer, best-selling author, life coach and personal consultant. He lives with his wife in Alabama.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 AM

My assessment comes from the link you provided.

What does it have to do with the workshop? As an atheist, I really don't want to listen to the "spiritual" or "moral" opinions of theists, given that I consider all religion to be hideously immoral.

You can believe anything you want. You might had started your post by saying "If you are a Christian..."

Old 06-10-2009, 10:54 AM

"WHAT IS UNITY?
Unity is a spiritual movement based on the teachings of Jesus and the healing power of prayer that offers a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity."

Old 06-10-2009, 11:01 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,050,806 times
My BIL is really into this stuff, but I just cannot wrap my mind around it, sorry.

I just can't see Chuck Norris going to something like this...

Old 06-10-2009, 11:12 AM

Yeah, that's the other thing.

"Come listen to my message of hope and inspiration. Books, DVDs, and T-Shirts available. Credit cards accepted."

Old 06-10-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:

What does it have to do with the workshop? As an atheist, I really don't want to listen to the "spiritual" or "moral" opinions of theists, given that I consider all religion to be hideously immoral.

You can believe anything you want. You might had started your post by saying "If you are a Christian..."
Thank you for sharing.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:40 AM

1,894 posts, read 5,736,775 times
Quote:

Then your time in this thread should have ended when you realized that's what it is. Instead, you have to wiggle in a comment about how you can't find the gull to have faith in something.

Was that a dig? Yeah...but a reply to your camouflaged shot at us who participate in religion. Sorry, but I don't consider myself to be immoral. And quite frankly, I believe you may be more inclined to participate in some immoral practice given your affiliation to the atheist crowd (since they have zero guidance on anything).

Now, wouldn't this have been much easier had you let this thread run it's course without trying to sneak an opportunity to trash other's beliefs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte