Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,949 times

Advertisements

My husband just got a job in Fort Mill and we have been seeing some nice houses for rent online in the Southpark area of South Charlotte. (We are coming from Columbia after living in Houston for 8 years). Is this a good area and how are the schools? Are there any that particuarly stand out? I need elementary and middle at this point. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 12:06 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieWillDream View Post
My husband just got a job in Fort Mill and we have been seeing some nice houses for rent online in the Southpark area of South Charlotte. (We are coming from Columbia after living in Houston for 8 years). Is this a good area and how are the schools? Are there any that particuarly stand out? I need elementary and middle at this point. Thanks!
South Park is a very desirable area of Charlotte - IF it is truly a South Park address. Some people try to attach themselves to South Park that aren't really IN that area. Give me street names and I can try to help you.

But really, why not just live in Fort Mill?? That's a great town with really good schools

Old 06-11-2009, 01:16 PM

461 posts, read 984,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
South Park is a very desirable area of Charlotte - IF it is truly a South Park address. Some people try to attach themselves to South Park that aren't really IN that area. Give me street names and I can try to help you.

But really, why not just live in Fort Mill?? That's a great town with really good schools
+1 on the addresses. Fort Mill would probably be cheaper overall too.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Ft. M<ill has a variey of good schools and neighborhoods. All the York Co schools in York Dist. 4 has good ratings, no matter where they change the bnoundaries to. Lancaster Co has Indianland schools, not quite as highly rated but still, no fears about boundary changes.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,264 times
i own a house that is IN southpark that i am putting up for rent , 4 bed 3 bath.
you would be in beverly woods elem, carmel middle , south meck high.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:45 PM

797 posts, read 3,294,619 times
S. Charlotte has the best schools around so you can't lose. Ballantyne would be a good area and not too far from Ft. Mill.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:48 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieWillDream View Post
Depending on your SP address, Beverly Woods Elem and Carmel Middle are rated pretty highly. Highly enough that the CMS Superintenant will be sending his kids there.

The SP area itself is great. You are centrally located to everything w/o being in the suburbia of Ballantyne. I loath the Ballanyne area traffic, especially if you didn't work in Ballatyne.

I live 3 miles south of SP off of Carmel Rd and work in SP. The prices in my 'hood are VERY reasonable given the location in an established neighborhood.

That said, Fort Mill is supposed to have a good school system. If you are not looking for more of a "city life", I would look in Fort Mill.

If you would like to be around fine restuarants, upscale shopping, 15 minute drive uptown, established 'hoods...I would look in the SP area.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:05 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
I am with InSouthPark on this one, but obviously, ISP and I like a very robust suburban area and that isn't for everyone. That being said, one reason I bought off Carmel, inside 51, is b/c of the school district. Even tho my kids are no longer in public school, I felt this was a huge selling point if we should ever decide to sell our home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte