Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 01:39 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,003,585 times

Advertisements

Ooohhh. I was so lost. Seemed to come out of nowhere. TY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 07:22 PM

359 posts, read 1,143,732 times
yeah, i was not quite getting the connection either..lol..

Old 07-12-2009, 01:07 PM

457 posts, read 1,177,291 times
Ladies, are we still on for tomorrow evening, Monday the 13th?

Old 07-13-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessPie View Post
Ladies, are we still on for tomorrow evening, Monday the 13th?
Yes I will there 7 PM! Looking forward to it. I just DM'ed you my cell # just in case you need to reach me.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:18 AM

7 PM will be there...looking forward to it. How should we know who everyone is. are we just saying we are a CD group?

Old 07-13-2009, 07:56 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,400,976 times
You women do realize that this party is the direct opposite to the party that everyone's husband would have. The "I still like my uhhh....ummm...uhhhh" party.

I can't wait to find out if everyone's husband becomes the main topic of conversation this evening. That's the whole point of this get together, everyone EL YOU VEE EE EHS their husbands. I think those spouses should fully expect to be the topic of conversation throughout this evening.

Right, fellas?

Old 07-13-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
You women do realize that this party is the direct opposite to the party that everyone's husband would have. The "I still like my uhhh....ummm...uhhhh" party.

I can't wait to find out if everyone's husband becomes the main topic of conversation this evening. That's the whole point of this get together, everyone EL YOU VEE EE EHS their husbands. I think those spouses should fully expect to be the topic of conversation throughout this evening.

Right, fellas?
Actually the point of our get together, as I see it, is to meet women who DON'T want/need to sit around and talk about our husbands. At least for me I am tired of my girl's nights out becoming husband bashing sessions, Then worse yet when I have nothing to add (because I am happily married) become awkward. I think we just want to meet women you are in similar circumstances so that we don't have to feel guilty. Plus if someone's DH does happen to do something nice we can share it without feeling like we are rubbing salt in the wounds of our friends. After a few margarita's though who know's what we will be talking about!

Old 07-14-2009, 05:09 AM

62 posts, read 87,120 times
Hi Girls!! Just got on the site and was wondering how your get-together worked out? I am proud to be the founding mother, heehee. Hope you all had a really nice time!!!
Sealace

Old 07-14-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealace View Post
Hi Girls!! Just got on the site and was wondering how your get-together worked out? I am proud to be the founding mother, heehee. Hope you all had a really nice time!!!
Sealace
Sealace,
Speaking for myself it was a nice evening. We all got to know each other and realised we had a good bit in common. We did talk some about our husbands and found some similarities in them as well. We shared some stories and ate some good food. We have tentative plans to get together again and it seems we all have very flexible schedules so things are looking good for future get togethers. We thought of you and you would have certainly been welcomed. Maybe some other time?

Old 07-14-2009, 01:38 PM

Sealace, I totally second what GK said, we had a good time, good convo, hopefully next time you will think of joining us.. the more the merrier..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte