U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:41 PM

543 posts, read 1,633,122 times

Advertisements

and he wants me to find Linda Rondstat and invite her to Ani's for a boozefest.

Last week I threw some Kinks and Rondstat on my mp3 player before I went out to mow my lawn.

I only just recently started listening to tunes while doing yardwork because before that there would be so many interruptions with people stopping to talk that it would take me 4 hours to do anything, which isn't all bad unless you want to get it done. Now with the headphones in, I can nod, breath heavy and keep going. It's really is a time saver.

So, after my 3rd lawn mowing this week(yes my own lawn and all in one week) and hearing the same 15 songs over and over again,
my newest life changing event happened. Not life changing like child birth or graduation or death but still important in my pitiful existence.

There I was, on my back hill, stopping to catch my breath and trying not to carve off the queen's cucumber plants that were touching MY lawn, 'Apeman' was playing on my lame mp3 player.

Just as I released the mower handle to stop the engine and take a breath, this bird, probably an offspring of one of the wild birds that I've been spending $40 a month to feed, landed right on my lawn mower handle, about 2 inches from my hand.

The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it. The bird looked at me, I looked at it.

Apparently this went on for a few seconds anyway. Netiher one of us was nervous or sure what to do.

My guess is that this bird's parents have probably been eating at my bird feeder since spawning off this brazen little bastard and since I mow my lawn so much he was used to me.

So as far as Ray Davies goes, this bird landed on my mower handle just as the song blurted out 'compared to the birds and the spiders and flies I am an apeman'. If you know the song then it might have more value. If you don't know it then it's hopefully still a good story.

I was a bit amazed at the time. but somehow I was able to not get an erection, lol, you didn't think it was all gonna be sweet polly pure bread did you ?

As this happened, I looked up and the feeder was empty, the bird flew away.

I took a break from mowing, refilled the feeder and my newest mouth to feed was there within a minute stuffing itself.

There's more......

So this all happened on Saturday morning.

This morning, Sunday, I was sitting on the back deck of my love shack drinking coffee, about 50 feet from the bird feeder, wouldn't you know it, the same bird landed on a hanging plant right in front of me and sat there looking at me. I almost felt like it wanted to sit on my shoulder and give me a kiss.

Yeah, I know, big deal, stupid bird landing on my mower handle, looking for food and then sitting near me while having coffee.

What makes it a big deal is that it really happened to me and not to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 07:43 AM

mod, please delete... Sorry,,,

Old 06-15-2009, 07:59 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,818,955 times
Love it

Old 06-15-2009, 08:20 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times

YouTube - The Kinks - "Apeman"

A boozefest w/ you, Linda and Ray . . . I'm game, LOL!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:51 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,164,205 times
Do NOT delete...Markh, you write you're best work after downing a few...and no spelling errors...how do you do it?
Boozefest at Ani's?...I'm getting a visual...hmmmm...am I invited?

Old 06-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Do NOT delete...Markh, you write you're best work after downing a few...and no spelling errors...how do you do it?
Boozefest at Ani's?...I'm getting a visual...hmmmm...am I invited?
This could be interesting . . . And of course you would be invited!!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 11:00 AM

807 posts, read 2,041,880 times
Be careful, the song makes no mention of beer drinking while living in the jungle.

I may also be possessed by the Davies brothers, for 25 years I can't stop listening (just ask my wife). My 9 and 4 year old request it all the time, even my screen name is Kink related. God save the Kinks.

You Really Got Me

Old 06-15-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
Be careful, the song makes no mention of beer drinking while living in the jungle.

I may also be possessed by the Davies brothers, for 25 years I can't stop listening (just ask my wife). My 9 and 4 year request it all the time, even my screen name is Kink related. God save the Kinks.

You Really Got Me
I have always wondered about your screen name, LOL!! How funny . . . lots of Kinks fans out here . . .

Old 06-15-2009, 11:25 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,668,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post

I may also be possessed by the Davies brothers, for 25 years I can't stop listening (just ask my wife). My 9 and 4 year old request it all the time, even my screen name is Kink related. God save the Kinks.

You Really Got Me
Well, yrgm beats "Lola" anyday!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:14 PM

No alcohol *sometimes* would probably be a good thing.

Shockingly enough, I should keep things to myself and I fail to do that after a few primers.

I've had an endless loop of superman going through my foggy brain all day long.

It switched for a short time to yrgm but has now been replaced by 'Lola' ever since reading the last post. It's all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or